PDA

View Full Version : make camera keyframe what I see in perspective view

3dWannabe
05-18-2009, 07:20 PM
When in perspective view, I can hold down the option/alt key on the Mac and drag with the left mouse to totally change my view of the subject.

I would like to use this method to point the camera (and see what the camera sees) find an angle I like, be able to dolly in and out, and be able to create a keyframe - so that I can quickly animate some very interesting camera moves.

There's a script that may do something very similar, but it's about 6 years old, and is compiled for a platform other than the Mac Pro, so I can't use it.

The Pview* scripts at:
http://thespread.faulknermano.com/_theoldspread/index.htm

I'd bet this capability would appeal to all users - and think of the cool tutorial you could produce for it - to sell LW to more potential users!

erikals
06-04-2009, 08:03 AM
yup, i stopped using perspective view though,

just add a camera2 instead,
way better navigation, and can be keyframed...

3dWannabe
06-04-2009, 08:18 AM
erik - I got the plug-in to work, had to install it as a master plug-in. My only issue with it is that it doesn't seem to work with 4 views, only with a single view.

With the PViewMC, I can change my perspective view easily, then hit a keyboard key to bring up PView, click on it, hit escape, and my camera view matches the perspective view. I expect the camera could then be further keyframed if desired.

Would also be nice to have a rectangle in perspective (and also have a rectangle, not a rounded rectangle for the actual edges of the camera in camera view), but unsure how to do this.

I'm unclear on how adding a camera2 (and using camera view?) works for you. What's your workflow look like?

Thanks!

erikals
06-04-2009, 08:29 AM
hi, at startup, i just simply clone the default camera by selecting it and clicking Ctrl+C
copying the second camera position would have to be done manually, or by using a plugin of some sort.

i agree there should have been better ways to do this,...