PDA

View Full Version : Announcement forum, please...

Cageman
05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Ok... we who have been doing beta-testing on the OB forum, and also are members in the HC-forum, have seen a very neat thing called NewTek Announcements. A forum where NT-staff posts news and other things, often with links to a thread in another part of the forum where things in the announcement can be discussed.

I would really like to see such a forum here as well. It would make it easier for everyone to find links to articles, newsletters, and general information that NewTek needs to share with us. It would also make it easier for NewTek themselves to post information and they can easily make it a read-only forum where only they can post things to keep it tidy.

Right now, information is posted all over the place, or so is the feeling I have when looking for...lets say the link to the latest newsletter.

Oh...I found it....here: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98684&highlight=newsletter

General discussions... shouldn't it be under LightWave Community?

Please... make an announcement thread, lock it so that only NewTek staff can post there, and from now on, post things like this in there... ok?

:)

geothefaust
05-18-2009, 04:48 PM
+1 for this.

It would go a long way to keeping announcements on topic, and away from the chaos that is a standard forum.

BeeVee
05-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Actually it *was* posted in LW - Community, and also in the HC NewTek Announcements forum in addition to General Discussion... ;)

B

Cageman
05-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Actually it *was* posted in LW - Community, and also in the HC NewTek Announcements forum in addition to General Discussion... ;)

B

That's the problem... people often need to look for news instead of being presented with news, if you get what I mean? And, you would only have to post at one place instead of several.

:)

Matt
05-19-2009, 06:03 AM
I agree, an Announcements forum would be useful, like the one Luxology have, one place to find out updates.

hrgiger
05-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Maybe we'll get it after they remove the Ajax image viewer which the majority voted as being a malicious little bugger festering up image views :)

Yeah really.

-EsHrA-
05-19-2009, 06:34 AM
yeh...ditch the viewer allready... i mean... is it still here??!...

hmm..

mlon

IMI
05-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Maybe we'll get it after they remove the Ajax image viewer which the majority voted as being a malicious little bugger festering up image views :)

You're still holding on to the belief the Ajax viewer will go away one day? I think you might as well forget about that idea. It's more realistic to expect a sudden spontaneous breakout of lasting world peace, if you ask me. The Ajax viewer, like poverty, politics, and pestilence, is with us to stay. ;)

JeffrySG
05-19-2009, 09:46 AM

:agree:

AdamAvenali
05-19-2009, 05:10 PM
congrats on the announcements sections :thumbsup:

The Dommo
05-19-2009, 05:32 PM
looks like u got it .... :)

Cageman
05-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Lo and behold!

Announcement forums have now been created!

Way to go NewTek!

:thumbsup:

IMI
05-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Oh boy. Announcement forums with a huge "NEVER" right next to each, showing all newcomers that there has never been anything to announce.
Seems kind of odd to create an announcement forum with nothing to put in it. Seems a bit more odd to create two of them. ;)

So someone read this and created an announcement forum, while completely failing to comment on the Ajax thing.
I wonder if it was the same person who asked us *in a poll* what we wanted, and then not only completely ignored the outcome of that poll, but never once responded to us about it?

prometheus
05-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Good suggestion Cageman, and good of newtek to adapt it quickly.

Looking forward to see some anouncement about New videos showcasing some more of core and progress of the core since Im not Hardcore member and I havenīt got a clue.

Looking through the hardcore threads that are spread out on forums ,are a total waste of time since itīs a lot of "of topic" discussions in it.

Edit..Now could I wish for the same marketing add on videos the way luxology do it, or even better:) Someday I guess?

Michael

cagey5
05-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh boy. Announcement forums with a huge "NEVER" right next to each, showing all newcomers that there has never been anything to announce.
Seems kind of odd to create an announcement forum with nothing to put in it. Seems a bit more odd to create two of them. ;)

So someone read this and created an announcement forum, while completely failing to comment on the Ajax thing.
I wonder if it was the same person who asked us *in a poll* what we wanted, and then not only completely ignored the outcome of that poll, but never once responded to us about it?

Agreed. They could cover both points by announcing the Ajax viewer was gone. I mean really, why is it still here?

Chuck
05-21-2009, 05:10 PM

Patience? Never heard of it! :devil: (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98905)

No, the pollster and the person who added the sections are not the same person, and the web team folks who set up the Ajax viewer are the folks who get to make the call on whether they will follow the outcome of the poll they posted and remove it. The rest of the mod and admin staff are not in a position to do so, no matter how many unrelated threads folks scatter their complaints through.

IMI
05-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Patience, Chuck?

Surely ye jest! Next thing you'll tell me I need more humility too! Jeez, I can get this kind of treatment from my wife without even asking for it. :D

Thanks for the info. I will wait until the next time I see the web people around here before I ever mention Mr. Ajax again.

-EsHrA-
05-22-2009, 03:38 AM
well, had my last poll here i guess...

cagey5
05-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Patience? Never heard of it! :devil: (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98905)

..... and the web team folks who set up the Ajax viewer are the folks who get to make the call on whether they will follow the outcome of the poll they posted and remove it. .....

Why? Don't they answer to the same management structure as everyone else..

No patience left..

Silkrooster
05-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Lo and behold!

Announcement forums have now been created!

Way to go NewTek!

:thumbsup:

OK your appointed the official Demand man. :D