PDA

View Full Version : 9.6 stopped detecting dongle

Petrus01
05-17-2009, 03:52 PM
After rebooting my iMac I found myself with the surprise that Lightwave started on discovery mode because of a "Hardware lock error". Tried reinstalling, and inserting the license key several times: nothing works. The dongle seem fine (light is green). Any ideas?

Kuzey
05-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Have you opened the License.key in a text editor to see if the license number is indeed written in the file? Maybe it got corrupted somehow or it could be a permissions issue...just guessing.

Kuzey

Petrus01
05-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Could be. In what folder is License.key situated?

Scazzino
05-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Also, if the dongle is on the keyboard, try plugging it directly into a USB port on the computer instead. Sometimes the keyboard hub doesn't have enough power, causing intermittent problems with the dongle.

Petrus01
05-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Also, if the dongle is on the keyboard, try plugging it directly into a USB port on the computer instead. Sometimes the keyboard hub doesn't have enough power, causing intermittent problems with the dongle.

Nah, first thing I tried. It's software related. for some reason something is telling LW not to detect the dongle.

Dexter2999
05-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Have you installed any other software that might put a different version of the SafeNet driver on your computer?

I have a couple of programs I have to keep on separate machines because some use version 7 and some use 7.4 and they can't reside on the same system.

The dongle being green I think just means it is getting power. Does the USB device show up on your system? That would indicate a possible driver issue if the computer sees the dongle but the software doesn't.

Phil
05-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I'd go with Dexter on this. RealFlow has been a culprit here before now, and you can just install the later dongle drivers without issue (from SafeNet's web site) and then you're good to go. NewTek bundle the drivers into their package, but that doesn't prevent them being broken by other software installing obsolete versions of the same drivers into the main OS.

Petrus01
05-17-2009, 11:08 PM
PFTrack a couple of days ago. Is the problem fixable?

Petrus01
05-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Didn't work installed v7.3.03 and it still doesn't want to see the dongle. Darn!

acuadra
05-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Problem solved in the weirdest way: rebooted in safe mode (with shifty key pressed) and Lightwave fired up without any problem.
Once I rebooted the system normally again, LW had no trouble detecting the dongle.