PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer problem.. loading-saving motions

SaturnX
05-16-2009, 02:12 PM
I have several different saved scenes, all using exactly the same Character and rig. But i want to get all the animated motion from the various scenes put into one scene via motion mixer.
I'm loading the saved out motions from other scenes, into motion mixer, but depsite the fact the actor in question has the same map of items as the other scenes, when i load in a saved motion, 'Items in Motion' is detected as zero, and hence the loaded motion has no effect on the character and rig (actor)

I might be missing something crucial here i dont know, but this is frustrating.
Ive opened up the .hmot files to see if maybe the path names to the base character object are different in some way... but all seems ok.
Any input on this would be appreciated.
Is there something i'm doing wrong either on export of motions or import ?

SaturnX
05-18-2009, 06:10 AM
I stumbled across this trick last night.
For those wanting a quick and dirty fix to zooming in and out of layout's timeline (myself included), open up motionmixer and alt+Rclick and drag left and right.
It essentially sets the end frame on the main timeline, but you get the added benefit of zooming in and out of layouts main timeline with speed. :D

SaturnX
05-18-2009, 10:26 AM
For the life of me, I can't import motions into motion mixer.
The motion file seems to load in ok, but 0 items are in the motion on import.
Is there something Im doing wrong?
The character and rig, is exactly the same as the character and rig the motions were saved from in the previous scenes.
Adding the items manually to the motion after its loaded doesnt work becasue that's adding items but with no keyframe data.

Ive been trying to work around the problem for now, but now I have to at the very least import one of the characters into a new scene with another character. The character isnt importing with the motion mixer data intact.
There might be something im not doing correctly. Either on import, or on saving out the motions.

SaturnX
05-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Well, the trick seems to be to not import a character, rig and relevant motion mixer data into a scene at the same time. Especially if you have a MM based character in there already!

The best (pain free) thing to do seems to be loading in the rig only, and creating a new actor from scratch and then recreate the items map for the actor.
After that, you can then load in the individual MM motions (exported from the original MM setup) and remap items to the MM actor as necesary.

The Dommo
05-21-2009, 04:55 AM
well deduced.

VermilionCat
06-25-2009, 02:06 AM
If you load items from a scene, the item IDs change (unless you have nothing in the scene). So you cannot load .hmot files correctly. Even if the item names are the same, it won't load anything. This is really inconvenient!

Panikos
06-25-2009, 04:36 AM
bake the bloody thing into MDD and take it anywhere

Tom Wood
06-25-2009, 06:04 AM
I have a lot of characters that are variations of the same thing. I open a scene that is already working with a character and MM, then replace that character with a new one. The new character will 'inherit' the MM motions from the character being replaced. Change the render destination and save as a new scene.

VermilionCat
06-25-2009, 08:42 AM
I mean, I have a scene with a character rigged (A). I made a scene with an environment (B). I made another scene with a character animated and took them to motion mixer and export .hmot (C). Now I load a scene (B) and load the character from the character rigged scene (A). Then I wanna load .hmot file (C) through MM but it's not possible. I am not clever so I might be doing pretty stupid.