PDA

View Full Version : Newtek Europe

bbuxton
05-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Why is there such a disparity between Newtek in the USA & Newtek Europe customer service?

I'm not saying customer service is bad in Newtek Europe, just that it doesn't come anywhere near the excellence and responsiveness I've experienced from staff at Newtek.com.

Newtek Europe have made some errors on my registration page & I'm still trying to get it resolved. Basically they have assigned wrong dongle IDs to my products so the keys in my account are useless.

Perhaps someone from the US could sort this out.

BB

jburford
05-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Let them (NT Europe) work it out! Did you contact them that you had a wrong dongle id assigned?

I have dealt with NT Europe in the past and had no problems what so ever, they took care of me and shipped my LW , had it 1-2 days later in Germany.

bbuxton
05-16-2009, 12:16 AM
The issues with dongle IDs has gone on for weeks & really was the result of sloppy input to my profile - I had sent the correct IDs and explained that the duo dongle gives different IDs for Lightwave 9.6 & Core.

A couple of weeks ago I pm'd Chuck & got my keys for both 9.6 & Core emailed within an hour or so - no errors.

This level of customer care leaves Europe in the dark ages and to be honest it irks me that I can't just deal with Newtek in the USA. Compared to other European companies Newtek Europe's level of service certainly not lagging just not up tp US standards.

That said Newtek Europe still haven't updated my account and looking at their website (which is horribly out of date) they may never update my account. Who knows.

Personally I would prefer to deal with the US branch of Newtek.

BB

Yog
05-16-2009, 04:03 AM
First off I would have to say I have never been a great fan of splitting Newtek support into regional offices. Firstly it introduces the concept of, "it's not our problem, it's the other office", and secondly Newtek US does tend to treat Newtek EU as a separate company, often not informing them of promotions (or even new products) until after it has been publicly announced, and as I recently found out, not necessarily believing what Newtek EU staff tell them.

My experience has been the opposite of your own though. I had a recent registration problem, and I have to say that Newtek EU bent over backwards to get it resolved, including sending numerous e-mails to Newtek US on my behalf and contacting me often to see if the situation had been resolved. Newtek US on the other hand tended to view it as not their problem until I could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it was their problem, even after I had forwarded multiple e-mails from Newtek EU stating what the situation was.

I still think there should be a single port of call for sales, support and registration, and just have regional offices for promotion, but IMHO Newtek US need to take a leaf out of Newtek EU's book as far as customer support goes.

EmperorPete
05-16-2009, 09:09 AM
When I first got Lightwave I had a lot of problems with random crashes; I contacted Newtek Europe, and they were incredibly helpful. No complaints from me at all, and a personal shoutout to BeeVee for being damn good at his job.

bbuxton
05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
In case it wasn't clear, I didn't say Newtek Europe service was bad just that my experience with the Newtek USA was significantly better.

I am frustrated with the errors on my account but this is the first time I have had cause for complaint in the many years that I have been a Lightwave user.

Perhaps this small incident detracts from what I was trying to say with this post, namely just how good my experience has been with newtek USA.

BB

Myagi
05-16-2009, 05:38 PM
treat Newtek EU as a separate company

AFAIK they are a separate company that has a license/partnership/whatever thing going with NT.

VirtualFM
05-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Nah... the service is really different. The site is not always updated, I'm still waiting for the solution of a problem for more than a month and the contact always take way to long or I just don't hear anything back.

Also, I participated in European projects that I thought would be cool to show in the Newtek page. I submitted those to Proton and someone else in Newtek-US first and they immediately replied excitedly and happy to see Lightwave come to such good use, then advised to contact "Some-Guy" at Newtek-Europe (I wouldn't put his name here even if I remembered it!). "Oh, he will jump in joy when reading about this!", Proton said... Well, I did send the same email to the mentioned guy at Newtek-Europe... and never heard back!

And there's more, from request for demos for magazine reviews that got resounding silence to some local-resellers having trouble having some feedback to their tries to advertise Newtek's products... A real shame, in my opinion.

mspink
12-04-2009, 07:51 PM
I know I've missed the boat on this discussion a bit - but...
I don't mind the customer service, and the somewhat less that tip-top technical support, but it's the amount we get ripped off having to upgrade via NTE that really makes me do-one!
I've just looked at the 'core' / 9.6 update for my second license of LW as I'd like a 64bit copy now that windows sort of works (windows 7), and what really takes the biscuit is the jump from $495 to $586.77 (xe.com/ucc - 395=$586.77 right now) if you're unfortunate enough to have to register your copy with NTE.
I mean it CAN'T cost $91.77 to ship the box from the US to the UK can it? Is it flown to NTE buisiness class on a velvet pillow or something???
Surely I'm not the only person this side of the planet this strikes as unfair am I?...

geo_n
12-04-2009, 08:18 PM
I know I've missed the boat on this discussion a bit - but...
I don't mind the customer service, and the somewhat less that tip-top technical support, but it's the amount we get ripped off having to upgrade via NTE that really makes me do-one!
I've just looked at the 'core' / 9.6 update for my second license of LW as I'd like a 64bit copy now that windows sort of works (windows 7), and what really takes the biscuit is the jump from $495 to $586.77 (xe.com/ucc - €395=$586.77 right now) if you're unfortunate enough to have to register your copy with NTE.
I mean it CAN'T cost $91.77 to ship the box from the US to the UK can it? Is it flown to NTE buisiness class on a velvet pillow or something???
Surely I'm not the only person this side of the planet this strikes as unfair am I?...

Actually, we recently tried to buy from this site new lw core for 495US. But apparently they don't ship to japan. After many emails to newtek, we had to buy from dstorm around 65000yen. Roughly +700US plus tax, and then I have to email newtek again so we can access core. If they would ship from US to japan I don't think it would cost 205US either. This is for a win license btw. Not a duo license which I have.

mspink
12-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I must admit I have just looked around the suppliers from the NTE resellers page, and found it for 297.85, actually cheaper than $495 by a couple of pounds, and 58 cheaper than direct from newtek-europe!!!
It might be worth your while getting it shipped from a shop in the US or Europe next time!
I shall be phoning them on Monday to find out if I can get an upgrade to 9.6 x64...

Myagi
12-05-2009, 07:58 PM
I shall be phoning them on Monday to find out if I can get an upgrade to 9.6 x64...

It's not clear from your posts, maybe just the idea of "buying a x64 copy" threw me off, but just thought I'd make sure. You don't specifically have to buy 32- or 64-bit, if you have a LW9 license you have both versions (of course only one can be running at a time). :)

mspink
12-05-2009, 08:19 PM
You are, of course, right, I'm a spanner!
Let me rephrase: replace 'upgrade to 9.6 x64'' with 'upgrade to 10 before it's been written to get it a better price'.
Or do you think there will be better deals once it's actually released?

Myagi
12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I couldn't do more than wild guessing. I don't really have much knowledge of how the prices changed over previous version (pre-order vs. post-release), which would make my guess even more meaningless.

For me, I most of all wanted LW9, and core was a bonus. If you're in that situation I think upgrading now is a win-win.