PDA

View Full Version : Connecting points to create a solid

virtualcomposer
05-15-2009, 10:13 AM
I have two hexigons with 6 points and and need to be connected to form a solid wall. How do I do this? Sorry, I am much more experienced in Layout then Modeler so this is a challenge.

liquidpope
05-15-2009, 10:49 AM
If you can post a screen grab of the two hexagons, I will try to help you.:thumbsup:

virtualcomposer
05-15-2009, 10:58 AM
how do I do a screen grab on Windows?

liquidpope
05-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Use the "print screen" button, top right of keyboard, then "paste" (ctrl-v) into Photoshop (or similar), and save as jpeg.
Or you could just post the model here.

RollerJesus
05-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Select the points in clockwise order, then hit 'p' to make them into a polygon. Do this for both, or do it for one and copy it.

Now select both polygons (in polygon selection mode - space to change selection modes) and use the bridge tool to connect them.

This is purely speculation though as I don't know what your object looks like.

JeffrySG
05-15-2009, 08:24 PM
This is purely speculation though as I don't know what your object looks like.

Time to brush up on your remote mind reading skills! ;)

Philbert
05-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Selecting in clockwise order has been broken for me for some time, the normal direction seems to be random now. Sometimes clockwise will make it face you, sometimes counter-clockwise will make it face you. So if your polygon is invisible after making it select it and hit F to flip the normal direction.

Silkrooster
05-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Selecting in clockwise order has been broken for me for some time, the normal direction seems to be random now. Sometimes clockwise will make it face you, sometimes counter-clockwise will make it face you. So if your polygon is invisible after making it select it and hit F to flip the normal direction.

First I heard of any issues with the point order. Maybe a plug in is playing havoc on your system.

Philbert
05-17-2009, 08:28 PM
No this has been going on for several releases on all of my computers. I complained about it before and someone said something about the direction depending on whether you were looking down the positive or negative of the axis or something like that. The way it worked before, no matter what way it was facing, clockwise always made the normal face you. I just tried it now and it worked fine but very often it will appear flipped

Silkrooster
05-17-2009, 09:27 PM
If I remember right sometime during the ver 8 period the make poly tool was replaced.