PDA

View Full Version : Poser morphs in lightwave 9.6

markb2
05-15-2009, 04:57 AM
Every time i try to make a morph for poser it comes out warped

I have poser pro (latest update).

I have lw 9.6.

I am exporting the hip for v4.2 and when i bring it back into poser -- a useless morph.

what settings do i need to export from poser, and what settings do i need for lightwave 9.6?

What am i doing wrong? (or overlooking?)

I am running on a macbook with 2gb, 160 gb hard disk, mac os x 10.5.7

Thanks for any help.
Mark

manholoz
05-15-2009, 09:55 PM
try using the zbrush mode in the obj settings in lightwave

oobievision
05-16-2009, 10:52 AM
or just make the morphs in lightwave

IMI
05-16-2009, 01:08 PM
First, what is your objective?

Second, what exactly are you doing?

We need a few more details.

Is this something that can be accomplished JUST in Poser or JUST in LW?

Have you checked out the PLK LW plugin? http://www.kurvstudios.com/software/#plk

Megalodon, he said he was exporting parts from LW to use as MT's in Poser.
Without any further information I can almost guarantee that manholoz is spot on with the suggestion to use that new, mysterious ZBrush Mode, which is actually the same old OBJ export that's been in LW since 6.5. Or whenever.
The "new and improved" (and unfortunately default) OBJ import/export is FUBAR in many aspects, one of which being it reorders vertices, which Poser really hates bigtime.

lwanmtr
05-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Did you merge points when you brought the vicky mesh into LW? If so, you just broke it. You cant do any point reordering or it will not work in poser. Also do not rescale the v4 object at all (yeah, i've done that...hehe)

Here is a workaround that I have used...

Save the whole edited vicky object, then duplicate the 4.2 .cr2 file and edit it to target your new vicky body...load that into poser..

Then you can export each part as a morph target...reloade the real v4 then apply the morphs..it should work.