PDA

View Full Version : Two Thumbs up SplineGod!!

dbigers
05-14-2009, 08:03 PM
I just received the World Tour and Next Dimension videos I ordered from Kurv.

I have been going through both of them all afternoon. There was a lot of stuff I already knew, but just as much that I didnt. The texture displacement and normal displacement sections were eye opening. The alternate savers section was good too. Powerful stuff.

Larry is really easy to follow. Some are turned off by the fact that the videos arent edited very tightly. I like it that way. When Larry makes a mistake, it makes me feel better. More importantly he goes on to explain why something didnt work. For me personally that is as important to learning as doing everything "perfectly" each time.

They dont cover any of the latest features since they are old now. But what is there should be viewed by all new or even intermediate users. You are bound to pick up something from them. And they are dirt cheap now.

Great stuff, look forward to ordering the more advanced series now.

dbigers
05-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Oops. Posted in wrong section. Could someone kindly move this to the Lightwave section? Sorry..

Matt
05-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Steady on! Not sure Larry would like 'two thumbs up'! :D

Hehe! Sorry couldn't resist after seeing the title! ;)

dbigers
05-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Now that you mention it Matt, the title is a bit misleading, and funny at the same time. :)

Should have just said Great Job Larry!!

Hopper
05-14-2009, 09:59 PM
:lol:

Yeah, I saw the title and thought "Hmmm... well this post could go either way...". :D

Another case where the improper use of gramatical syntax can make even the simplest of statements take on a whole new meaning! I've done it a hundred times over - and usually on some "reply to all" email.

lwanmtr
05-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Now the question is...how long before this thread drops to the gutter..given that someone has pointed out the slight grammatical error in the title...lol

Hopper
05-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Now the question is...how long before this thread drops to the gutter..given that someone has pointed out the slight grammatical error in the title...lol

BOOBIES!!!

ok .. ummm .. now. :D

Ready GO!

UnCommonGrafx
05-15-2009, 06:27 PM
There's no grammar issue here...
This is our Freudian nature at work.

Now, where would those thumbs go again...?

lwanmtr
05-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Now, where would those thumbs go again...?

I'll start off simple....nose? :lol:

probiner
05-15-2009, 07:10 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/animatics/Foruns/splinegod.gif

Cohen
05-15-2009, 09:14 PM
oh jeeze, dont rub it in guys. :p

UnCommonGrafx
05-15-2009, 10:06 PM
ewww

ivanze
05-16-2009, 12:21 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/animatics/Foruns/splinegod.gif

:D:thumbsup:

dbigers
05-19-2009, 04:50 PM
It appears that he is around now. Hopefully the title won't offend him, certainly wasn't intended that way.

IMI
05-19-2009, 07:50 PM
:lol:
Oh man, that's brilliant, probiner!

Hopper
05-19-2009, 09:08 PM
LOL!!! Probiner that just killed me.

Wow... we sure can take the most innocent of posts and just trash it. Hah!

It went from a "Hey I thought your video was great" post to passing around animated gif's of SplineGod's avatar getting violated by two fingers at once.

Man, you gotta love the forums.

probiner
05-20-2009, 04:44 AM
SplineGod's avatar getting violated by two fingers at once.

Its not violating... just a little unconfortable nudge, because the whole situation reminded me of my little young cousins:
I see them not often but and when we meet they come running to me, full speed, in a inocent joy that sometimes ends in me saying something like "Uhhff, Why you little". But nowdays im prepared... LOL

But anyway, i'm sorry Larry. Shouldn't mess with a man's avatar like that.

ivanze
05-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Everytime I read this thread and see that animated gif, it makes laugh again. It doesn't get old. :)

OnlineRender
05-22-2009, 02:15 PM
dude helped me out big style ,granted he did get the word UBER stuck in my head and i have gotten nearly everybody i work with saying it now , LOL ,

LEGEND hope all goes well with your move !

see thats why i came back , people of that stature help mortals like me !

great help , excellent knowledge , nice guy !

sorry may have been tiff format cant remember

dbigers
06-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Ok, bumping this again. Because I have now finished (for the 1st time anyway) both CDs. Excellent work Larry.