PDA

View Full Version : Triple and Merge script

Tobian
05-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Something I have noticed with the perspective (advanced et all) Cameras is they can render a polygon which looks perfectly legal in modeler and layout OGL, but renders as a hole.

The only way I have found to solve this is to find the offending polygon, triple and merge it, and usually then it renders fine. Which is all well and good, except when it's hundreds of polygons you can't quite find...

So a script which would triple and merge each polygon in turn would be VERY handy! Maybe a plugin developer could write it.. I assume it can't be hard it's just beyond my abilities! :)

Or some polygon tolerance within renderer would be nice! :p

and before you ask, yes I have tried it with the cap hole studio tool with LW cad (though not the newest version) and it conveniently also broke my UV's which this would not, if it's calling the LW functions.

zardoz
05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
usually that happens with nonplanar polygons, so with the statistics panel you can select those and triple them, or some other times you can just cut the polygon in some place and it works fine

Tobian
05-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah and that's hugely timetaking too, with a big mesh! :) Often they aren't even nonplanar, or are below the threshold. Very annoying!