PDA

View Full Version : a list of basic AE plugins that work for DFX+

Maimo
08-20-2003, 03:21 PM
AE plugins that work with DFX plus

Here is a partial list of plugins that I have tried on DFX+ that seem to work. hope this helps. If you see something thats missing let me know. Also Ive tried Tenderbox and all of it seems to work. It would be cool if you all chimed out and let us know what youve tried...

I'll also make a list of ones that i know Crash DFX+ in a day or so,

Basic & Pro Bundle

Adjust…
Colorize
Threshold
Posterize

Blur Sharpen…
Sharpen

Channel…
Cineon Converter
Minimax
Shift Channel

Distort…
Mirror
Offset
Polar Coordinates
Spherize
Wave Warp

Image Control
Color balance
Colorama
Gamma/Pedestal/Gain
PS Arbitrary Map
Tint
Photo Shop Layer Effects
PS Bevel & Emboss
PS Drop Shadow
PS inner & outer glows
PS Inner Shadow
PS Solid Fill
*** These do work, however you’ll need to merge them with another copy of the flow and set the apply mode manually. (any tips would be appreciated)

Perspective…
Bevel Alpha
Bevel edge

Render…
4 Color Gradient
Cell Pattern
Lightning
Radio Waves
Ramp
Vegas

Stylize…
Brush Strokes
Color Emboss
Emboss
Find Edges
Mosaic
Motion Tile
Noise
Roughen Edges
Textureize

Time…
Time Difference

Video…
Broadcast Colors

See www.eyeonline.com for more on AE plugin compatibility.

Maimo
08-22-2003, 12:08 AM
was this helpful to anyone or did i just waste my time.

kirkmorger
08-22-2003, 12:16 PM
A list of ones that don't work would also be helpful. The tip on setting apply mode manually is definitely appreciated.

John Melvin
08-26-2003, 11:10 AM
How do you add these plugins?? Just drag them into the plugin folder or??

Thanks

John

Maimo
08-26-2003, 11:40 AM
there is an AEPlugIns folder under the main dfx folder you can drag and drop, If you have them grouped in folders in the original AE plugins folder it's a good idea to leave them and drag the whole folders over. That way they will be orginaized well in your drop down list in DF.

not all of them work, above are the ones from the sandard and probundles that work, the others from those two groups either crash DF, Dont really apply, or dont have any controls when you add them to the flow. It's gopod to note that the onew that dont work have equal counterparts within DFX+.

Tinder Box, Final Effects, Boris, and Pan Fire/optic work verty well, and i think ultimatte works but i dont have that on my system.

If anyone out there is using a plugin that i dont mention please let us know.

It would save us all loads of trial and error.

bloontz
10-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Just got DFX and your list was very helpful, thanks! I'm using the filters that came with premiere 6.5, there is a Channel Mixer in the adjust group that seems to work also.

Whelkn
10-30-2003, 08:41 PM
Maimo--

This list was a big help for me! thanks alot. It has saved me alot of trial and error.

Jeremy