PDA

View Full Version : Graphics help

zanger502
05-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I work for a company in the Boulder, CO area that is creating a high-end truck. I have a CAD software and have created a really nice looking truck but it does not look real enough yet. It needs to look so real that you cannot tell it is not. I think I need a professional and I have spent several hours today calling people but I don't know what to ask for. I don't even know what software someone should be using. I need someone to make it look like it's in motion, going through a mud bogs, put a man next to it and all kinds of things. Does anyone know what types of people or companies I should be looking for and how to find them?

During my searching I found Tim Dunn's name and it said that I could find him here. Does anyone have a way to contact him?

Tranimatronic
05-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi zanger502. There isnt really enough information here. Are you looking for an animation or still images ? If animation how long - if still images how many ? Are you asking for a quote on the job or pointers on how to do it yourself ? Do you have any reference photos or mockups of how the final images should look ? Are the locations real places or do they need creating also ? Are the people real people or do they need creating ?

I am interested, but need to know a little more.

zanger502
05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
I am looking to contract the work and will need a quote. I do not have nearly enough experience to do this myself.

The company will be launching a website in a couple months time and animation will be needed for the site. At this time only need still pictures. I do not care how the locations, backgrounds and people are created; whatever is easiest. I do have sketches of the pictures we would like created.

To discuss this further, I will need a non-disclosure agreement signed, will that be an issue? Our company is www.James-Engineering.com, please feel free to contact me and reference the truck; my name is Scott.

adamredwoods
05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Best to post this in the jobs section.