PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Mac v9.6 Hotfix and Cocoa Update - 12 May 2009

Chuck
05-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello, Mac 'Wavers! :)

Just a quick note to bring you up to date on our Mac development progress:

On the Cocoa front, the developers report good progress as they work through the UI overhaul needed to convert to Cocoa. The popup menus have been the focus recently and that work is wrapping up. Development is moving on to other areas of the UI, and then to updated Quicktime support, etc. Formally, we'd still say about one to two months out; however, we're a good solid week closer than we were at last report.

Work continues on killing bugs for the v9.6 hotfix update. Management is also reviewing the open bugs in our database to identify additional bugs that we'd like to make priorities for this round of fixes.

This makes it very important that you get in reports on any bugs that you may have encountered, but not reported yet. Don't forget to include steps and content, as they are needed to insure that we can duplicate your bug properly and get it fixed. For those of you who need a refresher as to how to report bugs, check this link:

Instructions for Bug Report and Feature Request Database (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73227)

CGI Addict
05-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the update Chuck.

toby
05-12-2009, 05:41 PM
thanks chief!

ncr100
05-13-2009, 02:08 PM
OT: Would it be helpful to leave a dummy bug in FogBugz for people to refer to when filling out their bugs? Or perhaps link to FogBugz in your sig, Chuck?

I wonder if these "helpful" suggestions of mine are really too helpful and one shouldn't spoon feed people so...?

gpdesigner
05-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the update Chuck,
you guys are making a lot of folks happy . . . .
gp

Kuzey
05-16-2009, 07:02 AM
Hello, Mac 'Wavers! :)

Just a quick note to bring you up to date on our Mac development progress:

On the Cocoa front, the developers report good progress as they work through the UI overhaul needed to convert to Cocoa. The popup menus have been the focus recently and that work is wrapping up. Development is moving on to other areas of the UI, and then to updated Quicktime support, etc. Formally, we'd still say about one to two months out; however, we're a good solid week closer than we were at last report.

Work continues on killing bugs for the v9.6 hotfix update. Management is also reviewing the open bugs in our database to identify additional bugs that we'd like to make priorities for this round of fixes.

This makes it very important that you get in reports on any bugs that you may have encountered, but not reported yet. Don't forget to include steps and content, as they are needed to insure that we can duplicate your bug properly and get it fixed. For those of you who need a refresher as to how to report bugs, check this link:

Instructions for Bug Report and Feature Request Database (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73227)

I hope this is a regular feature and we Mac users don't have to make a fuss to get information out of newtek. It's not good for us and I'm sure it's not good for you.

Kuzey

Chuck
05-18-2009, 10:04 AM
OT: Would it be helpful to leave a dummy bug in FogBugz for people to refer to when filling out their bugs? Or perhaps link to FogBugz in your sig, Chuck?

I wonder if these "helpful" suggestions of mine are really too helpful and one shouldn't spoon feed people so...?

We've requested a custom Bug Report/Feature Request Page for the 3D products, similar to those already in place for the video product line, and we'll add that to the instructions posts once it gets implemented; in the meantime I've added the link to the instructions post in the General Support forum to my signature.

ncr100
05-19-2009, 12:42 AM
We've requested a custom Bug Report/Feature Request Page for the 3D products, similar to those already in place for the video product line, and we'll add that to the instructions posts once it gets implemented; in the meantime I've added the link to the instructions post in the General Support forum to my signature.

:thumbsup: Wonderful! I do believe these changes are helpful.

vjrei
05-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Ok, I am on a Mac with LW 9.3.

A friend of mine is on a PC with the 9.6 (the latest one).

He is sending me a very simple animation, some plain text coming into frame and one object orbiting this text. No special texture or lighting.

Now, when I make a preview of the frame with the element on frame my LW quits.

When I render the first frame of the animation with no elements LW does it just fine, but when I render with the elements in frame LW quits.

I have another LW animator with my same version on PC or a version more advanced but not the latest one and he always send me his scenes and they work just fine.

But I am fining this problem with a basig raw model and a basic escen from the latest version of LW on PC and my version of LW on a Mac.

The new animator is sending me the scenes in older versions but when trying to render them my LW quits.

toby
05-27-2009, 11:33 AM
There were some changes made to 9.6 that caused some backwards compatibility loss, just like 9.3 did. Why don't you upgrade your version to 9.6?