PDA

View Full Version : Essential Lightwave v9

ednachman
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
The book, "Essential Lightwave v9" is not essential. It should be mandatory.

sampei
05-12-2009, 02:28 PM
agreed :thumbsup:
I'm going through all of it for the third time: Steve Warner, Kevin Phillips and Timothy Albee did and amazing job !
I reccomend it to all the lightwave noobs out there :D

calilifestyle
05-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Yup. its one of the best books i've ever read. The dvd tuts area great too.

IMI
05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I gotta go with that too. :)

Not just as a tutorial How To book. If I want to quickly find out how to do something I forgot about, chances are it's in that book. The dynamics section alone is worth the price, and the example files are all very good and useful. It is by far the most worn-out LightWave book I own.
Those guys are great teachers, really. Since we have to wait at least until the end of this year before Core's release, it would be great to see them release an Essential LW 9.6 book, covering everything that's not in the original. Especially since there will probably be alot more people using 9.6 for a good while, until CORE matures enough to replace it, so an Essential LW 9.6 book might sell well for a few more years.

sampei
05-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Yeah, I gotta go with that too. :)

Not just as a tutorial How To book. If I want to quickly find out how to do something I forgot about, chances are it's in that book. The dynamics section alone is worth the price, and the example files are all very good and useful. It is by far the most worn-out LightWave book I own.
Those guys are great teachers, really. Since we have to wait at least until the end of this year before Core's release, it would be great to see them release an Essential LW 9.6 book, covering everything that's not in the original. Especially since there will probably be alot more people using 9.6 for a good while, until CORE matures enough to replace it, so an Essential LW 9.6 book might sell well for a few more years.
totally agree IMI, I hope these guys read your post and are considering making an essential 9.6 book :hat: