PDA

View Full Version : USB audio faders

TIMECARE
05-12-2009, 01:03 PM
I think it is time for LC-11 and TimeWarp to have their third must have .... a audio mixer/fader. I have experienced difficulties in fading and muting on the tricaster desktop, expecially if the mouse goes crazy and jumps from position to another. Anybody is on my frequency?

bob anderson
05-12-2009, 01:37 PM
I think the issue with NewTek creating an audio control surface is cost related. You can purchase a really great mixer for 1/3 what it would cost to remotely control the mixer in the TriCaster. ( consider the RS-8 at $1K, the TimeWarp at $1k, and the LC-11 at $2K, I'd figure an audio surface to be in the $1K+ neighborhood. ) Also, in some applications, the number of TriCaster audio in's is limiting.

I would prefer that if NewTek were to spend development time and dollars on anything audio related, it would be a small breakout that would allow the individual audio outs for each input, including the DDRS separately, allowing you to then mix in the before mentioned 3rd party audio mixer.

Bob Anderson

TIMECARE
05-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Obviously an independent audio mixer is a must for all external audio ins. What i was refering to was the audio from ddr 1 and ddr 2. Sometimes, you dont need to run all the clip for ddr1 when you go to ddr 2. If not an external surface, there should be at least audio follow. I dont really think its about money because there are people in this industry who are ready to pay. I wouldnt mind spending another k but have better results which would inturn attracts more work.

Quiet1onTheSet
05-13-2009, 09:56 AM
I think it is time for LC-11 and TimeWarp to have their third must have .... a audio mixer/fader. I have experienced difficulties in fading and muting on the tricaster desktop, expecially if the mouse goes crazy and jumps from position to another. Anybody is on my frequency?

In the meantime, why not consider changing your mousing surface? Get yourself a really decent mousepad that doesn't inhibit your every move.

I purchased an uber-cool looking, large, yet moderately expensive $18 metal one from Best Buy (available also at Walmart). One side provides for "coarse" resistance to your rodent's motion, while the other side provides for "fine" resistance (it's a much smoother surface). When I locate it, I'll let you know the brand name.

Quiet1onTheSet
05-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Obviously an independent audio mixer is a must for all external audio ins. What i was refering to was the audio from ddr 1 and ddr 2. Sometimes, you dont need to run all the clip for ddr1 when you go to ddr 2. If not an external surface, there should be at least audio follow. I dont really think its about money because there are people in this industry who are ready to pay. I wouldnt mind spending another k but have better results which would inturn attracts more work.
Barring the fact that you can currently set up a clip in a DDR, so that only a particular *range* of it plays (click & drag over the beginning portion of a DDR clip to set the IN point, and do so as well, near the clip's right-most end, to set OUT point), I wholeheartedly concur with your expressed desire for some means of audio follow-through, with TriCaster DDRs, Timecare!

PIZAZZ
05-13-2009, 12:55 PM

I might have a perfect solution for you. I need to do a little more testing before I release it. This will be a software plugin that will bring some features into the Audio Mixer that I have felt have been missing for a while.

If you want direct control of the Software sliders then you could always use an inexpensive MIDI controller like the Behringer BCF2000 plus Youngmonkey's MIDI TriCaster plugin.

TIMECARE
05-13-2009, 02:47 PM
If you want direct control of the Software sliders then you could always use an inexpensive MIDI controller like the Behringer BCF2000 plus Youngmonkey's MIDI TriCaster plugin.

I think i missed this. I have to look around and find all about it because it is really thicking in my mind once that I have pointed it to myself.

Paul Lara
05-14-2009, 10:05 AM
You can see the Midi plug-in on the Youngmonkey web site HERE (http://www.youngmonkey.ca/hands/restaurant/plugins/MIDI-VT/index.html).

luis.ayuso
05-31-2009, 09:26 AM
thats actually not a bad idea, and would be even better if you you had say a mixer that was half midi controler and half audio board, then you could possibly bring in more inputs, seeing as the current 4 inputs on the broadcast and studio i use are limiting.

Quiet1onTheSet
05-31-2009, 07:58 PM
...even better if you you had say a mixer that was half midi controler and half audio board, then you could possibly bring in more inputs, seeing as the current 4 inputs on the broadcast and studio i use are limiting.

What?? There's a limiter inside the virtual audio mixer?! Ah' didn't know dat!
:D

Seriously, that wouldn't be a bad idea, you know...
:hey:

xleggs
06-04-2009, 04:33 PM
It would be nice to be able to record more than two channels of audio at once so that you could do a mix later. In multicam events on which I work (non-tricaster setups) we record audio on a mult8i-channel Alesis hard disk recorder

csandy
07-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Does the VT[5] allow multi-track audio recording? I saw someone pay a whole bunch for an old VTNT board and something called a Lynx because it had good audio capability, but I couldn't tell if that would add multi track audio to the "mix."

Koinonia
07-31-2009, 08:07 PM
I might have a perfect solution for you. I need to do a little more testing before I release it. This will be a software plugin that will bring some features into the Audio Mixer that I have felt have been missing for a while.

Hi Jef,

I am interested in direct control of software sliders. I think it's so important to have the surface control when you do a live event. Before I buy the Youngmonkey's Midi Tricaster plugin ($150) and Behringer BCF2000 ($149,95) I would like to know if it really works in real time and what Tricaster Studio parameters can be controlled?

csandy
08-01-2009, 05:10 AM
Follow up to Koinonia's question:

Does the BCF2000 have to be used in the stand alone mode with an additional midi interface (Koina, that may be an additional cost if you haven't factored that in)

OR

Can it be used in USB mode as this unit is able to act as a USB-midi interface as well therefore eliminating the need for a seperate midi adapter?

Quiet1onTheSet
08-01-2009, 09:56 AM
... if NewTek were to spend development time and dollars on anything audio related, it [should] be a small breakout that would allow the individual audio outs for each input, including the DDRS separately, allowing you to then mix in the before mentioned 3rd party audio mixer.

Bob Anderson

If I'm reading you right, Bob -- that would combine a "Direct Out"capability with say, an Aux Send/Return function.

Q1

Tim Ward
08-05-2009, 03:00 PM
thats actually not a bad idea, and would be even better if you you had say a mixer that was half midi controler and half audio board, then you could possibly bring in more inputs, seeing as the current 4 inputs on the broadcast and studio i use are limiting.

Maybe someone can look into the possibilities of using a Tascam FW-1884 or FW-1082, a Yamaha 01V, or similar mixers/control surfaces for this purpose.

Quiet1onTheSet
08-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Maybe someone can look into the possibilities of using a Tascam FW-1884 or FW-1082, a Yamaha 01V, or similar mixers/control surfaces for this purpose. Ya' know, I'd been thinking about the very real possibility that the Roland V-Studio Workstation, model VS-2480CD would do that very thing, Tim.

Some day (perhaps soon), I'm going to take a hard look into that.
:heart:
Q1

Tim Ward
08-07-2009, 08:09 AM
I checked the FW-1884 manual (probably applies to FW-1082 also), and you can't using it as a control surface AND mixer at the same time. You would have to switch back and forth between modes (just the push of a button, if I understand correctly). As for the 01V, it looks like you could manually map the MIDI parameters to use it as a control surface (using Youngmonkey's MIDI plugin for interface?), and also mix externally with it (with Local Control set to on, I think). You'd have to figure out how to make assignments between the Yamaha inputs and the VT software faders, i.e., Ch 1-10 to XLR inputs on 01V and Ch 11-16 to VT DDR 1, 2, and 3.

csandy
08-12-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm using the Young Monkey MIDI-VT plug-in with a Behringer BCF2000, and the responsiveness of that setup is amazing and the price can't be beat. The Behringer is no Mackie, but it's built well and is light enough not to add too much weight to your kit. The plugin also accesses some audio features that are not available from the GUI - like balance for the main audio out. Bonus!

I would like to see parameter feedback implemented in future versions so the motorized faders would update with the onscreen interface (currently, the plugin assumes, maybe correctly, that you'll want to control audio values from the board and not the board and the screen at the same time).

There's no lag and you get great visual feedback from moving the BCF2000's sliders on the TriCaster GUI. The BCF will also let you assign any function to any button, encoder, or slider so you can really set it up to match your workflow.

I gotta say, I'm no longer travelling to any gig where I have to control audio without it.

animlab
08-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Does the VT[5] allow multi-track audio recording? I saw someone pay a whole bunch for an old VTNT board and something called a Lynx because it had good audio capability, but I couldn't tell if that would add multi track audio to the "mix."

Yes. Lynx ONE have two input and two output, Lynx TWO have four inouts and four outputs. They can mix and sync (with external sync signal from VT card) with VT[2/3]. I use LYNX TWO at VT[2] to solve the audio sync problem for my customer. They are in very good sound quality. But I don't think they can help to add multi-track audio for VT[5].

Quiet1onTheSet
08-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Yes. Lynx ONE have two input and two output, Lynx TWO have four inouts and four outputs. They can mix and sync (with external sync signal from VT card) with VT[2/3]. I use LYNX TWO at VT[2] to solve the audio sync problem for my customer. They are in very good sound quality. But I don't think they can help to add multi-track audio for VT[5].

Just for kicks, we've added a hefty AVR (audio/video receiver) to the mix: Yamaha RX-V1900, with plans to output component video and audio signals to the component in (and discrete audio inputs).

This will benefit only in synthesizing a "derived" 7.1 surround audio for playback (and possibly dubbing to DVD recorder?) via the AVR's clean, silky-smooth audio processor.

I'm thinkin' that somehow, Sony Vegas« could come to the rescue here, relative to doing a real multichannel surround mix destined for burning to disc, though.
:hey:

Quiet1onTheSet
08-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Behringer [surface controller]...I gotta say I'm no longer travelling to any gig where I have to control audio without it.
Delighted for you, CSandy - only I gotta say, I'm a bit fuzzy on the advantage of taking that cool tool on a job, vis a vis bringing along, say, a rugged Mackie« 1402VLZ Pro or similarly-featured multichannel audio mixer.

What advantages can you think of, other than looking "cool", mate? Do you have additional audio channel input into that unit, for adding mics, and other input devices? Just curious!

Let us have the full skinny!
:)
Q1

Tim Ward
08-17-2009, 07:31 AM
This will benefit only in synthesizing a "derived" 7.1 surround audio for playback (and possibly dubbing to DVD recorder?) via the AVR's clean, silky-smooth audio processor.

It will only widen a stereo (Lo/Ro) field. To get 5.1 or 7.1 surround from it, you'd have to send it a Lt/Rt mix, which includes matrixed surround effects (a la Dolby Surround/Pro Logic).

I'm thinkin' that somehow, Sony Vegas« could come to the rescue here, relative to doing a real multichannel surround mix destined for burning to disc, though.

Yep, Vegas Pro (Win) and Apple Soundtrack Pro (Mac) are two relatively-cheap 5.1 DD surround mixers with Dolby-certified/Dolby Pro encoders. Adobe Audition (Win) also has 5.1 mixing, but it doesn't have a Dolby-certified or Dolby Pro encoder. Pro Tools LE 8 now offers up to 7.1, but it'll cost a minimum of around $3000 to get that functionality.

What advantages can you think of, other than looking "cool", mate? Do you have additional audio channel input into that unit, for adding mics, and other input devices? Just curious!

The Behringer BCF2000 is only a control surface, giving you control over the software audio mixer in VT and TC. There are no audio inputs, but it has motorized faders. For $150, you can't beat it! I use it in Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack Pro, and even in Digidesign's exclusive Pro Tools M-Powered!

csandy
08-18-2009, 10:03 AM
The Behringer BCF2000 is only a control surface, giving you control over the software audio mixer in VT and TC. There are no audio inputs, but it has motorized faders. For $150, you can't beat it! I use it in Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack Pro, and even in Digidesign's exclusive Pro Tools M-Powered!

Tim, thanks for answering that one for me. For some reason the subscription e-mails are sometimeish.

I fully agree, the B-control is 1) inexpensive, 2) well built, 3) compatible with other software products, 4) light weight, 5) easy to program, 6) works amazingly well with the TriCaster and dhomas' Midi-VT plug-in, 7) did I say it was inexpensive?

I suppose if you put it in an ugly black 6061 aluminum box and sold it for $2000 you might decide to just stick with your mouse, but for $300 (cost of B-control and plug-in) - it's a no-brainer.

nepvetm1
08-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Our church uses the BCF2000 with Bob's MIDI plugin every Wednesday and Sunday and we love it. It is so convenient when working with multiple audio sources (XLR, RCA, and DDR's), especially when fading between two sources. As has been mentioned, although motorized, it won't update the physical board when a change is made to the software board, but the benefit of having a tactile surface to work with audio sliders is well worth it.

dhomas
08-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Just to clarify one point, our MIDI plugin for VT/TriCaster, can control much more than just audio, so with a control surface well endowed with a plethora of buttons/switches, it can replace the LC11 and the other NewTek controllers, controlling just about everything on the TriCaster. You could ever program macros on some of the control surfaces that are available.

Jim_C
08-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Just to clarify one point, our MIDI plugin for VT/TriCaster, can control much more than just audio, so with a control surface well endowed with a plethora of buttons/switches, it can replace the LC11 and the other NewTek controllers, controlling just about everything on the TriCaster. You could ever program macros on some of the control surfaces that are available.

Can you have more than one control surface hooked up and functioning simultaneously?

PIZAZZ
08-19-2009, 05:15 PM
I agree with Dhomas and many of the others already using the Midi TC or MIDI-VT plugin. It is a great way to enhance your experience operating the TC or VT systems. Definitely not just for audio but a great way to step into more control.

Attached is a still of my Lemur layout I built recently for a client.

PIZAZZ
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Can you have more than one control surface hooked up and functioning simultaneously?

Yep.

Or just buy a Lemur and you can do a ton of crazy stuff.

dhomas
08-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure if you plug two of the Behringer units into the same machine if they can share the same MIDI device or not. Maybe. But, you can probably MIDI chain (IN/OUT/THRU) multiple control surfaces, and do it that way. Technically, you could also run multiple instances of the MIDI plugin but the launcher currently only allows one instance since nobody's ever wanted two of that plugin. :-)

dhomas
08-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah, the Lemur is very cool... the MIDI world offers all kinds of options for control surfaces and lots more. There's also the very cool functionality of our plugin for controlling lights, lasers, fog machines etc in theatre and stage production. Imagine having live video projections from TC/VT all synced to a laser and light show!

dhomas
08-19-2009, 05:44 PM
RE the comments about the MIDI plugin not sending feedback back out to the control surface. That we're able to control all the functions we do on TC/VT is nothing short of a miracle... well, certainly many many many hours of trial and error. There is much of what we're doing to access functions, that doesn't work in the reverse direction, that is, we can't necessarily know when a setting has changed in the user interface. While we explored this functionality a bit, we felt our time would be better spent on other things instead. The MIDI plugin was one of the earliest plugins we made and it spawned our TCP and Scheduler plugins, in particular, which have even more extensive control capabilities.

Jim_C
08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm a complete noob to midi controllers so pardon the stupid questions, but are we saying you could take a controller like this (http://www.midi-store.com/Akai-Professional-APC40-Control-Surface-p-18309.html), and using Dhomas' plugin, assign the functions of the LC11 to the buttons and sliders?

When you buy a midi controller are all buttons, knobs and sliders assignable to any function? Such as assigning Main, Preview and Aux for 8 inputs to the yellow/blue/red buttons above the vertical faders on the controller? T-bar to the horizontal fader, cut, auto etc to the buttons above it?

:confused::confused:

http://www.electronic-gadgets-4u.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/apc40.jpg

dhomas
08-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Yup, that's what we're saying. These days, most of the MIDI control surfaces out there are fully programmable. I checked the specs on this one, it says they are all programmable. A lot of our customers use the Behringer boards (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/Recording/Controllers/), they have a few options of designs. You can program macros (multi-steps of MIDI messages) on some of these devices too.

csandy
08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm a complete noob to midi controllers so pardon the stupid questions, but are we saying you could take a controller like this (http://www.midi-store.com/Akai-Professional-APC40-Control-Surface-p-18309.html), and using Dhomas' plugin, assign the functions of the LC11 to the buttons and sliders?

I just started using my Behringer with the Young Monkey Midi-VT plugin last week. I think it's great! The midi interface works like magic. I'm not sure how I got by without a control surface. You should check out the demo, it lists all the functions the plug-in controls.

csandy
08-20-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure if you plug two of the Behringer units into the same machine if they can share the same MIDI device or not. Maybe. But, you can probably MIDI chain (IN/OUT/THRU) multiple control surfaces, and do it that way. Technically, you could also run multiple instances of the MIDI plugin but the launcher currently only allows one instance since nobody's ever wanted two of that plugin. :-)

Yes, you can specifically plug in both the Behringer BCF2000 (faders) and BCR2000 (bunch of knobs) and use them with Midi-VT. Those boards have a setting so that they can be used together and act as one controller.

They also work like any other midi device - daisy chain them.

You can also you the Behringer as a midi-controller. You can connect it to the TriCaster by USB and not need an additional midi interface at all. You can even (now connecting by midi) add a non-Behringer midi device to it and have them all communicate with the TriCaster through the Young Monkey plug-in. Pretty wild.

TIMECARE
08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
╠ have a Fostex MR8-HD. Does the plug work with this unit which has a midi in and out apart from USB.

dhomas
08-25-2009, 01:51 PM
You'll need to check the manual for it and see if the controls are MIDI assignable/programmable, or even if at the very least they output MIDI.

doublexx
08-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Is there anyone out there who has done the programming for a Behringer BCF2000, so I could just plug 'n play on a Tricaster Studio? I can't seem to get mine to work reliably.

dhomas
08-27-2009, 09:25 AM
The Korg nanoKONTROL is a really cheap ($60) alternative controller. Even has programmable slider fades.

davedude
10-26-2009, 11:13 PM
I just bought the Korg nanoKONTROL and tested youngmonkey's MIDT-VT plugin with it. For a $60 controller the faders seem to work great so far with the VT5's audio mixer

ianbeyer
11-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Has anyone tried the PreSonus FaderPort (http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductID=2) as transport control for either DDR or the capture modules? This thing looks like it would rock at both. And at $129, it's hard to beat.

PIZAZZ
11-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Has anyone tried the PreSonus FaderPort (http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductID=2) as transport control for either DDR or the capture modules? This thing looks like it would rock at both. And at $129, it's hard to beat.

Keep in mind you will still need the MIDI VT plugin to use that controller.

ianbeyer
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I just bought the Korg nanoKONTROL and tested youngmonkey's MIDT-VT plugin with it. For a $60 controller the faders seem to work great so far with the VT5's audio mixer

Have you figured out how to use the transport buttons on it for DDR? the KKE doesn't seem to want to allow me PC functions. Faders work great on the demo version. Time to send dhomas some more money.:beerchug:

PIZAZZ
11-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Have you figured out how to use the transport buttons on it for DDR? the KKE doesn't seem to want to allow me PC functions. Faders work great on the demo version. Time to send dhomas some more money.:beerchug:

Does the KKE come with any configuration software where you can assign specific MIDI codes to the buttons? That would be the best way to control the DDRs. That is how I do it with my Lemur design.

We are a reseller for Dhomas's plugins. I would be glad to share our programming models with you if you purchase the plugin through us. :) We could always use another sale too. :)

ianbeyer
11-12-2009, 08:22 PM
While the Korg has distinct price advantages, its build quality seems pretty cheap to me. The lack of PC functionality is kind of a bummer too.

davedude
01-18-2010, 08:19 PM
The Korg nanocontrol is cheap and small and light. For my needs of controlling the VT's audio mixer it has been great.

Now I would like to find a midi controller that can emulate at RS-8 or a LC-11. The lemur looks amazing but the lemur is way to pricey for me. If anyone can recommend a Midi controller that would work like the RS-8 or LC-11 for a reasonable price that would be awesome.

dhomas
01-18-2010, 08:38 PM
The Behringer control surfaces are really nice, and reasonably priced. There's a link on our MIDI-VT plugin info page. Follow the link below...

csandy
01-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Now I would like to find a midi controller that can emulate at RS-8 or a LC-11. The lemur looks amazing but the lemur is way to pricey for me. If anyone can recommend a Midi controller that would work like the RS-8 or LC-11 for a reasonable price that would be awesome.

Well.... the Lemur is cheaper than an LC-11.

Are you looking for a T-bar?

lotus126
01-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Hello, i are interessing to buy the MIDI software and the Behringer MIDI controller.
Whit Midi Software and Behringer BCR2000 i can to control the Mixer audio of Tricatser during live event?
The compatibity is OK for Tricaster Broadcast?
Where buy the MIDI software for Tricaster?
It's possible PAYPAL and download?
Exscuse my english

dhomas
01-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Follow the link in my signature below to get to our product info page, and you can order the plugin thru our online store with PayPal payment. We do not sell the Behringer control surfaces, but you may be able to get them at a local music store (depending where you are), or order them online from a lot of places. The BCF has sliders you might like for audio control. But, the BCR has more controls, and can work similiarly for audio just with a knob instead of a slider. TriCaster Broadcast is also supported yes.

lotus126
01-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Thank's dhomas,
i live in Sardinia, Italy: it's possible to dowload software after pay?
Ok i buy the BCF Behringer.
But if i connect Tbar LC11, Time warp, BCF for audio, mouse and keyboard all in USB...it'possible any interference during live video?crash oh Tricaster?

csandy
01-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Thank's dhomas,
i live in Sardinia, Italy: it's possible to dowload software after pay?
Ok i buy the BCF Behringer.
But if i connect Tbar LC11, Time warp, BCF for audio, mouse and keyboard all in USB...it'possible any interference during live video?crash oh Tricaster?

Ho usato la BCF2000 Behringer, dhomas' midi-VT, e NewTek LC-11 tutti allo stesso tempo senza incidenti. Stavo usando Tricaster Broadcast.

I've used the Behringer BCF2000, dhomas' midi-VT, and NewTek's LC-11 all at the same time without incident. I was using TriCaster Broadcast.

davedude
01-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Well.... the Lemur is cheaper than an LC-11.

Are you looking for a T-bar?

Maybe I need to price out a Lemur again. A midi controller with a T-bar would be nice but I bet those are very hard to find.

PIZAZZ
01-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Maybe I need to price out a Lemur again. A midi controller with a T-bar would be nice but I bet those are very hard to find.

Let me know if I can help you secure a Lemur. I would be willing to demo our solution for you also. I will be around your neck of the woods pretty soon again.

Let's hookup off list

csandy
01-19-2010, 08:07 PM

Not really. Roland (Edirol?) V4s are abundant and plentiful.

davedude
01-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Not really. Roland (Edirol?) V4s are abundant and plentiful.

That was a good idea. I had no idea that the roland V4 had MIDI out. After looking at them and the price, it would still be cheaper to buy a Newtek RS-8 though ..so that kind of defeats the purpose. But good idea none the less.

csandy
01-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Oh shucks, I was working with the pricepoint of an LC-11, but you did specify either or....

Good thing I didn't say the V4400. But if I did, it might be a good solid state switcher back-up (hmm.... for the price of a TriCaster, I think going fully solid state is actually feasible...) and a good companion for the TCXD300. Maybe dhomas will make a plug-in for that machine as well.

The TCXD300 is engineered very well. It is a great machine based on a gamer platform and the new "toaster" card (someone will probably take exception to the name, but whatever) is a beautiful thing as well. There's a lot of future in the design.

Yeah, not many people remember the Edirol switchers have fully midi capability. A very powerful feature many overlook.

Also, if comparing apples to apple -the RS-8 is no longer on the market, so you're really looking at a used RS-8 price compared to a used Edirol V4 (I dot the name right now because I took the time to look it up):)

But you're absolutely right. They are both relatively expensive.

There may be other midi controllers out there with a physical T-bar, but I haven't made an exhaustive search. Maybe my mention on the Edirol line will spark someone else's memory who reads this.

PIZAZZ
01-21-2010, 07:45 AM
On the Lemur, I just fade a big slider to be the TBar. I could even design it so it looked like a T.

Myself, I mostly use the Auto and Take buttons 99.999999% of the time. Rest of the time, I use the Macro buttons and scripting to do what I need. I can probably say I have actually used a TBar about 8 times in all the live productions I have done over the years.

lotus126
01-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Hello friends,

i have buy the beringher BC2000 and the MIDI VT software...but i don't configure it!!!!!

Can you help me?

-I connect the Beringher to USB port
-i start Tricaster software and select MIDI VT on upper windows
-i flag "MIDI IN" and select "usb audio device"
- i whrite channel 1

It' ok?

So,
which is the standard procedure to configure either the fader 1 of Beringher with the fader 1 of Tricaster mixer?
I do not understand the tables on manual Beringher.