PDA

View Full Version : Necromantic

DM67
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
This is a dark character, is a Necromantic :hey:

Tony

alesxander
05-11-2009, 04:12 PM
hey, good character. looks very interesting. maybe the clothes seems like plastic, but i don't know if that's your idea

good luck

alesxander,
http://alesxander.com

Netvudu
05-12-2009, 05:14 AM
why is he/she/it on the sponza atrium? :D

DM67
05-12-2009, 06:58 AM
hey, good character. looks very interesting. maybe the clothes seems like plastic, but i don't know if that's your idea

good luck

alesxander,
http://alesxander.com

I wanted a different fabric, maybe I have not achieved what I wanted ... but even a normal fabric :D

why is he/she/it on the sponza atrium? :D

I used Sponza because I did not want to show the Necromancer on a neutral background (unfortunately I don't have time to make one) :D , I am interested in the comments about character, I'm sorry, I should write it first :angel:

Tony

sampei
05-12-2009, 10:55 AM
the head reminds me a bit of the monster from Jeepers Creeper (terrible, terrible movie o_o), overall he doesn't look so evil to be honest....not quite sure what gives me that impression though..sorry for the criticism, very good model overall :thumbsup:

allabulle
05-12-2009, 12:30 PM
the head reminds me a bit of the monster from Jeepers Creeper (terrible, terrible movie o_o), overall he doesn't look so evil to be honest....not quite sure what gives me that impression though..sorry for the criticism, very good model overall :thumbsup:

Agreed on the not-so-evil commentary. Maybe a more intentional camera angle and playing with light to add a bit of drama to the character would enhance the evilness of it. And light colour helps sometimes too.

bazsa73
05-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Yes,maybe he is not so evil at first sight but who knows. You can never be sure with a creepy looking necromancer on a nice sunny morning beamlight into his crypt.

allabulle
05-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Yes,maybe he is not so evil at first sight but who knows. You can never be sure with a creepy looking necromancer on a nice sunny morning beamlight into his crypt.

That's exactly the point. One could be not that handsome and still be a good man. What makes him creepy when we see him, without knowing him, is what we can anticipate: what makes us think "ok, he's calm now, but it's going to be angry at any moment, so I'm beggining to feel scared, or to look at him without confidence".

We use camera angles, light and pose for that. He's a bit too static, with no light and shadows helping to express too much danger, or fear or caution, and the camera angle is somewhat neutral. That's why it's not so clear how creepy he could be. It shouldn't need for the viewer to think "ok, I know he's got to be creepy" rather than "ok, he's calm, but something tells me it's creepy".

A bit of work on light and camera could improve the mood of the scene and the character greatly. The model, though, it's quite good! I'm not trying to be creepy myself, but constructive. :--)