PDA

View Full Version : Wow !!

DrStrik9
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I was out of the LW loop for a couple of years. I recently upgraded from 8.5 to 9.6, and I just have to say, "WOW!"

NewTek has done a fantastic job of integrating so many really great refinements and additions. I'm still rummaging through the docs, watching videos, etc., and I have a long journey ahead of me still just to grok all the changes, but I just had to stop and say "I am impressed."

I know from experience how the entire 3D arena can tend to become more of a "bleeding edge" exercise than other kinds of graphics software. After a experiencing a degree of frustration with that fact myself, I have come to accept it as the nature of the game. I know NewTek's developers are still working on loads of bug fixes and further updates. And because of the nature of 3D, the market, and changing platforms, this development path never ends. :-)

But if you step away from it for awhile, coming back to see what has been accomplished is actually quite encouraging! :thumbsup:

My 1.4142136 cents,
Michael

Matt
05-11-2009, 02:04 PM
9.6 was a phenomenal release, somewhat over-shadowed by the CORE announcement

Exception
05-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Yep. LightWave 9.6 is one of the most productive 3D environments around. Enjoy all the free plugins for lights, cameras, nodes, animation and modeling as well. Take a look at LWCAD as well.

allabulle
05-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Yep. LightWave 9.6 is one of the most productive 3D environments around. Enjoy all the free plugins for lights, cameras, nodes, animation and modeling as well. Take a look at LWCAD as well.

And you can add the fantastic guides Exception has made: check his website too. The GI guide and the Anti-Aliasing one are a must.

Cageman
05-15-2009, 02:39 PM
If you want to see what you can do with some free third-party nodes in combination with animation and displacements, join SpinQuad forums and have a look at this thread:

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25031

Alot of powerful stuff right there...

oh...

Cheers, and welcome back!

:)

DrStrik9
05-15-2009, 10:52 PM
If you want to see what you can do with some free third-party nodes in combination with animation and displacements, join SpinQuad forums and have a look at this thread:

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25031

Alot of powerful stuff right there...

oh...

Cheers, and welcome back!

:)

WOW again! :-)

THANKS!

JAW
05-19-2009, 11:49 AM
WOW again! :-)

THANKS!

I myself upgraded from 7.5 to 9.6, its awsome, :) congrats

boilerhead
05-24-2009, 01:03 PM
i was a hardcore cinema 4d mac user since 1996, and i completly switch to Lightwave 9.6.

ok about the stable and plugs ins from c4d i can say it was a pleasure to work with it, and i decide to leave cinema 4 weeks ago about there price politic.

so all i can say is , i am total in love with lightwave 9.6 and lwcad it is a really great and fantastic tool and works well together with Maxwell render and zbrush.

i think Lw is pretty much more prof. tool for artist as cinema !:thumbsup:

Ps.sry for my english

archijam
05-24-2009, 01:42 PM
i was a hardcore cinema 4d mac user since 1996, and i completly switch to Lightwave 9.6.

ok about the stable and plugs ins from c4d i can say it was a pleasure to work with it, and i decide to leave cinema 4 weeks ago about there price politic.

so all i can say is , i am total in love with lightwave 9.6 and lwcad it is a really great and fantastic tool and works well together with Maxwell render and zbrush.

i think Lw is pretty much more prof. tool for artist as cinema !:thumbsup:

Ps.sry for my english

We look forward to seeing what you do with it .. agreed about C4D, great package, easy to learn, damn expensive.

Keep posting :) Show us some stuff!