PDA

View Full Version : New Demo

SonicMotion
05-11-2009, 12:56 PM
I just uploaded a demo reel, mainly focusing on motion graphics and 3d. All the 3d elements were made with Lightwave. Just thought some of you might like to take a look.

http://vimeo.com/4595494

Chris

Andyjaggy
05-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Oh no, you did work for Tahitian Noni. I think my conscious would prevent me from doing that. :) did they pay you with miracle juice. :)

Some nice stuff in the reel. I think I would get rid of the shot with the bird however.

Larry_g1s
05-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Not bad, not bad at all. You've got some solid stuff in there. But some of it seemed imbalanced. I would also suggest taking out the fly bird animation, not a strong point.

Oh no, you did work for Tahitian Noni. I think my conscious would prevent me from doing that. :) did they pay you with miracle juice. :)

Some nice stuff in the reel. I think I would get rid of the shot with the bird however.I've never heard of Tahitian Noni, so why do you say that?

SonicMotion
05-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I was the guy for Noni for a while, until I found a new job. And yes they paid me in juice.... the horror.

I agree on the bird shot, that project was a quick job and they didn't have a lot of money, and it really shows. I was debating on taking it out but I've been too busy to do that.

Andyjaggy
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Noni is a multi-level marketing juice company, they sell a juice called Noni, which grows in Tahiti. They indirectly claim that it has all these super miracle properties, that it can cure cancer etc........... They charge like $70.00 a bottle and a few select people at the top of the chain are raking in the dough. Plus it tastes like crap.

That might be a slight exaggeration but Utah is famous for MLM companies selling miracle juices and health products, I think I could name at least 10 just of the top of my head.

Larry_g1s
05-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Ah...gotcha.

AdamAvenali
05-13-2009, 01:58 PM
really good looking reel. i dont know if this reel is meant to gain employment from, but i didnt see any contact info. i also dont think all of the titles on the front end are necessary and would use that to have just your name up for the 8 seconds it lasts. the titles could be included in the shot breakdown :thumbsup: