PDA

View Full Version : This makes the tricaster complete !

TIMECARE
05-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I am about to finish a complete system consisting of 6 V-Mount Studio Camera boxes. Each box sends svhs video, talkback (talk or listen) and tally on a single Cat6 cable. A 7in tft monitor is fitted at the back for easy viewing at camera person eye level.

Ofcourse the tricaster is the heart of this system. Live switching makes tallies at front of camera and at rear light up. The front for the attention of the person being videographed and the back to alert videographer he is on.

The circuits and PCBs are all ready as well as all laser cutting designs. I hope I will be able to post other photos here in the coming days.

nogometas
05-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Curious to see what you've been up to TIMECARE.
Good luck and looking forward to seeing your solutions!

nogometas

ted
05-10-2009, 07:17 PM
You have a pretty good set-up. CAT5 is a great option. We have the dual CAT5 cables. But they are really pricey.
Will you need audio from the cameras?

TIMECARE
05-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Thanks Ted. In our case we do not need audio from cameras. But if the case arises, we send it through the talkback pair and use radio for talkback. We prefare single CAT5 as to multiple cables We found in the past that multiple cables become very stiff.

nogometas
05-12-2009, 02:26 PM
As a TC Studio set up with 6 s-video cameras I have closely followed your incredible ideas and solutions for TC cabling. Anticipating this version as I also work with s-video, talkback and tally.

Good luck and curious to see what you have come up with.

nogometas

ted
05-12-2009, 11:23 PM
We prefare single CAT5 as to multiple cables.

I hear ya! If I didn't feel I needed component, I would have saved a ton of money and all the weight we gotta pack around. :hey:

SEVRochester
03-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Anyone got diagrams of their setups or are selling any of these solutions to fellow TriCaster aficionados?

ted
03-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Call Jef Kethley
PIZAZZ
409-860-9283 ext 102

jcupp
03-11-2010, 02:19 PM
We produce a tally light system for the VT and TriCaster:
http://www.digarts.com/tally_light_controller_tlc-6
http://www.digarts.com/tally_light_one