PDA

View Full Version : Pulling geometry back to square

monfoodoo
05-08-2009, 08:37 AM
How do i pull a subpatched corner back to an unsub state,leaving the rest of the object subpatched?I used to use YO_WeightSlider,but it doesn't work in 9.6.

4dartist
05-08-2009, 08:50 AM
If you mean in modeler then you can do the following:

Select the points in the corner you want sharp, then look to the bottom right of modeler and click the 'W' (weightmaps) then select 'SubPatch Weight' from the list to the right of 'W'. Once you have SubPatch Weight selected now if you change the weight map value of a point it'll effect how much it is subdivided. To change that value, you can use 'Set Map Value' either set a hotkey for it, or find it under the 'Map' tab and then under 'General' list. 100 = no subpatch 0 = full subpatch.

The down side is if you use higher numbers it doesn't just tighten up that corner it reduces the number of polygons in that area too, so you get facets where you may have still wanted it to be smooth and rounded but sharp.

You can do the same steps, when selecting edges too. Also that is only for regular subpatches, not Catmull Clark, I think there is a way to do it with CC, I just don't know it off hand, you can look up edge weights and CC and probably find out.

Hope that helps some.

monfoodoo
05-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks.I used the YO plugin all the time that i forgot about it.