PDA

View Full Version : monovich : form launched

monovich
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Howdy.

I just wanted to do a post here that I finally soft-launched my monovich : form website. I've got bundles of ideas for furniture and other products, and instead of going out and prototyping them (which I know nothing about), I'm rendering them in Lightwave and blogging them. Maybe it will turn into a real business, maybe not. Either way its a very fun creative outlet for me. Doing 30 second spots is fun, but at some point I'd like to make real objects for a change.

If you like, grab the RSS feed from the site as I'll be updating it semi-frequently.

All of the shots are modeled/textured/lit/rendered in Lightwave.

cheers!

-Stephen

http://mono-form.com/

Snosrap
05-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Nice:thumbsup: Nice website too with neat ideas.

sampei
05-09-2009, 07:13 PM
yep I like it, especially the glass coffee table with grass growing on the botton part...a bit kitch to be honest ;D

Netvudu
05-11-2009, 08:03 AM
To be brutally honest (and you might remember how much of a huge fan of your work I am), strictly from a 3d-point of view I think it looks a bit subpar compared to your other stuff.
Donīt know if thatīs because itīs a personal project and you donīt have to deliver, or because the "strong" part will be the real physical thing, but I donīt really like it :(
Admittedly, the images in the web look better, but not A LOT better, and I find difficult to believe you are the author of the image posted above.

Again, Iīm probably taking this way too seriously? :p