PDA

View Full Version : VT[5] Install not complete: newtekrtme.dll driver install: How?

Quiet1onTheSet
05-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Newly-configured Vista based VT[5] system has UAC (User-Account Control) turned off, as it should be.

Strangely, we can't find any means on the disk to "repair" the installation, after seeing a pop-up indicating

VT[5] has to close. Cannot locate newtekrtme.dll

But that pop-up doesn't indicate just how to perform the driver install, and nor does the VT[5] documentation.

How'd I get into this mess?
I deleted the VT drivers, in an attempt to "reinstall" them, since I couldn't get the RS-8 switcher driver installed.

Now I can't install *any* VT drivers, including newtekrtme.dll

Short of uninstalling VT[5] and starting all over from ground zero, what suggestions have you, for helping me get *all* VT drivers installed?

Any ideas appreciated!
:stumped:

Quiet1onTheSet
05-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Newly-configured Vista based VT[5] system has UAC (User-Account Control) turned off, as it should be.

Strangely, we can't find any means on the disk to "repair" the installation, after seeing a pop-up indicating

VT[5] has to close. Cannot locate newtekrtme.dll

But that pop-up doesn't indicate just how to perform the driver install, and nor does the VT[5] documentation.
:stumped:

If the solution to the above is documented somewhere, I'm not sure where that would be. Nevertheless, here's the scoop: I had been attempting to get the host PC's Add/Remove Hardware utility to automatically install the VT drivers from the VT5 Program Disc.

It appears I needed to reinstall those VT drivers manually, by nserting the VT[5] Program Disc into the optical drive, then right-click and select Explore.

Look for the VT SD Driver install utility, and click on it to initiate the installation.