PDA

View Full Version : 3play enhancement requests

vanderwielen
05-07-2009, 06:22 AM
We're into our 4th week of heavy 3play use. The product fills in perfectly. After playing with a Buftek at NAB, I was even more confident in our selection. However, there are some enhancements that would be nice:

1. Allow a user-definable Mark in and Mark out 'window' time. As is, if Mark out is selected, the Mark in is automatically set 4 seconds earlier. Different sports will require different times.

2. Create a macro that allows a Marked clip to paste all 3 camera angles in the clip que. This would allow a quick back-to-back-to-back replay sequence. As is you have to copy and paste the clip.

3. Allowing a DVE between qued clips would be a great enhancement. As is, a cut occurs.

4. Question: Can clips be exported? The replay cues always become game highlights by our web site or television station. Of course, we could simply play them back and record them, but exporting is easier.

The best feature of the 3play is the ability to simply grab the job wheel, rewind then allow the replay tech to reswitch entire sequence by merely cutting between the various cameras.

SBowie
05-07-2009, 06:38 AM
First thanks for the post, which reminded me that we probably should have a new forum section for 3Play. As well, the feedback is much appreciated.

I'm going to add your suggestions numbered 1-3 to our internal feature request list. I love 1 and 2, but suspect 3 may eventually be deemed to go a bit beyond what is likely. Just my personal opinion, but if we go down that path we soon get to a place where people want more and more for 3Play to be a full-blown live switcher - i.e., a TriCaster. Maybe a compromise could sneak under the radard though. No promises, but what if 3Play supported fades (only) between replays in Highlight Reel playback. Would that help?

On number 4, the answer is yes - just skim th manual looking for the word Export.

vanderwielen
05-07-2009, 07:35 PM
yes, a fade would work between clips. I guess if DVEs were required, we could go to the 3 output mode and wipe with the VT5.

vanderwielen
05-09-2009, 07:36 AM
i'm running composite in and out of the 3play. how do i shift the output image vertically? it's offset about 7% lower then the live images.

SBowie
05-09-2009, 05:15 PM
You might want to check and make sure you haven't got some unneccesary vertical offset in the Genlock settings.

RussK
05-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Give me a fade and I am sold. I would replace my Elvis tomorrow.:agree:

vanderwielen
05-13-2009, 12:29 PM
genlock and those controls do not vertically or horizontally shift the output. now, for another feature request. i'm surprised it hasn't been brought up. it's nice that audio can be recorded. however, in the current configuration audio follows the video. you can't unlink them. in sports, it's common to create a melt reel of highlights with announcers audio. if i put program audio on video source 1, it mutes when i cut to source 2 or 3. i need to keep the audio from channel 1 hot while cutting between video streams. this should be simple. it would also be nice to have a volume slider for all video streams that could be set during replay.