PDA

View Full Version : Lower Third Count Down

Daniel Davis
05-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Does anyone have a lower third count down timer available? We are having a large church gathering the end of May and I will record an animated slide series of announcements for play between meetings. I would love to have a lower third count down to play for the last 10 or 15 minutes over the slides.

Paul Lara
05-07-2009, 02:45 PM
There's a time-code overlay (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/VideoToaster/Downloads/TCdf1.zip)that could be used.

Daniel Davis
05-07-2009, 08:56 PM
The instructions included in that zip file talk about how to use this in the editor. What I want to do is put something like this into the text for downstream key. Any ideas?

SBowie
05-08-2009, 05:13 AM
Apply the timecode file as an overlay in the editor, sizing and positioning to to taste. Reverse it, so it counts down. Render the duration you need using the AVI with alpha preset, and run it in the DDR.

InTimeTV
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Dear Paul, I think I need this, but first need to understand more about time-code-overlay. Where can I find out more (for a beginner)? Jack

Daniel Davis
06-21-2009, 08:35 PM
I just tried to figure out how to do this and could not find any way to make the instructions work. I would love to be able to make a lower third count down that goes down from 10 minutes!

SBowie
06-22-2009, 05:18 AM
There is another discussion about reverse in the forums, but suffice to say that TC's Edit Media does not have the "Reverse" function. However, there are ways to accomplish it using other means. Probably the simplest is to put the clip in a DDR, trim it to taste, and play it in reverse while recording. The recorded file will be reversed, and can be further trimmed for precision.

Daniel Davis
06-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Please help me, I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! I am missing the "reverse" function in the DDR! :bangwall:

SBowie
06-24-2009, 05:45 AM
Please see your other post on this topic for a reply. (As you have a VT, you have other options.)