PDA

View Full Version : The Onion - Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film as 'Fun, Watchable'

JeffrySG
05-05-2009, 10:59 AM
This is too funny....

Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film As 'Fun, Watchable' | The Onion - America's Finest News Source (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film)

http://i41.tinypic.com/6j3kud.png

Matt
05-05-2009, 11:11 AM
"I understand fans were angry that the Klingons dialogue was subtitled because it allows the Klingons to be understood by people who haven't studied the imaginary language for years"

LOL

Nangleator
05-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Damn. Shatner by Kirk's rock moving as slowly as the reptile... That was entertainment when I was young.

Tobian
05-05-2009, 02:28 PM
I wonder if they will include the special cut at the cinema tonight? :D Hehe, great stuff! :)

cresshead
05-05-2009, 02:46 PM
good clip...and apparently star trek is going to be the summer blockbuster

Matt
05-05-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm gonna be watching it with Ben Haines and co at the iMax in London this Friday, should be fun!

hrgiger
05-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I love the Onion.

JeffrySG
05-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm gonna be watching it with Ben Haines and co at the iMax in London this Friday, should be fun!
I'm sure it will be a blast!

I love the Onion.
The more I see and read their stories the more I love them.

colkai
05-06-2009, 03:48 AM

My best mate has booked us tickets for this Friday, four of us off for a Pizza first, then the film. :)

JeffrySG
05-06-2009, 08:29 AM
My best mate has booked us tickets for this Friday, four of us off for a Pizza first, then the film. :)

How is the Pizza in the UK? Anything like NYC Pizza?

Matt
05-06-2009, 10:21 AM
How is the Pizza in the UK? Anything like NYC Pizza?

Nah it's ****e, like everything on this Island.

Tobian
05-06-2009, 10:29 AM
How on earth would you know? I've never been to NY to sample their Pizza to compare it :p

Matt
05-06-2009, 11:21 AM
How on earth would you know? I've never been to NY to sample their Pizza to compare it :p

Me? Because I've eaten pizza in NY and UK! But I was only messing, depends where you go in the UK, certainly not Pizza Hut or anywhere similar if you want a GOOD pizza.

Americans do food / service much better than here in the UK.

But again, it all depends where you go.

Tobian
05-06-2009, 11:23 AM
You go to Pizza hut for Pizza?! Wow you got what you deserved! :D

Matt
05-06-2009, 11:38 AM
You go to Pizza hut for Pizza?! Wow you got what you deserved! :D

No I don't, hate places like that.

danielkaiser
05-06-2009, 11:39 AM

Yea but you guys have Spotted Dick, hard to find in the US.

COBRASoft
05-06-2009, 11:46 AM
No I don't, hate places like that.

A little respect please, my gf works there for a living (temporarly though) :D

When she makes custom pizzas and brings them home, they're not bad. Nothing compares to a real italian pizza, in Italy :)

Kuzey
05-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Man...this was looking good until I found out Eric Bana is playing the Romulan. In small Aussie films he's just bearable but he never transfers well into large US movies.

Kuzey

jasonwestmas
05-06-2009, 02:38 PM

So you just eat gruel then? ;)

Matt
05-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Man...this was looking good until I found out Eric Bana is playing the Romulan. In small Aussie films he's just bearable but he never transfers well into large US movies.

Kuzey

Erm, Munich. Awesome film.

Burndog
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
"I understand fans were angry that the Klingons dialogue was subtitled because it allows the Klingons to be understood by people who haven't studied the imaginary language for years"

LOL

No Klingons in this one... Saw the movie on Monday. I thought it rocked but I'm not a hard core Star Trek fan. My 6 year old liked it lots also.

The main Romulan guy did a good job, Spock / Syler did a good job and Bones was equally well done.

My favorite scene is a young James Kirk stealing his step Dads corvette and driving it off a cliff... No more spoilers.

Stunt Pixels
05-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Americans do food / service much better than here in the UK.

Err, yeah, but that's not hard... :) My god, in the UK, Aussies have a reputation as HARD workers :eek:

Almost any other country does food better than the US. The service is good, but the food is terrible... I mean, come on, who puts chilli sauce on Sushi?!?!?!!

Hopper
05-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Damn. Shatner by Kirk's rock moving as slowly as the reptile... That was entertainment when I was young.
Ahhh.. "The Gorn" .. one of my favorite episodes. It was one of the few shows I watched with my Dad when I was younger. It got to the point where we were trying to see who could name the episode first - which usually took about 10-15 seconds after a couple of years.

Kuzey
05-07-2009, 05:49 AM
Erm, Munich. Awesome film.

Haha....I haven't seen Munich. I don't think it was blockbuster material or large for that matter. It felt more like a small scale independent movie even though Steven Spielberg was behind it....from what I can remember.

:D

Kuzey