PDA

View Full Version : GRRR...O.T. "auto poop"

cresshead
05-04-2009, 05:30 PM
grr very off topic...installing 3dsmax 2010...they ship the dvd box...NO serial number on it...WT F!

sooooo pissed off...every year i get this...we get less n less actual 'stuff' ie boxes, discs and instructions...booklets, manuals...not had a manual sent since max 4!!!!

THIS year no F'n serial number!..and they put up the price of subs 27% too...next year it'll be no discs!....no really...they're going for web installs i think next year...

tried an onlder serial number...no dice...email...wait 3 days...F.

makes ya want to bang your head agaist the wall honestly!:bangwall:

cresshead
05-04-2009, 05:41 PM
uninstalled...installing again with max 2009 serial...just to make me totally MAD!

cresshead
05-04-2009, 05:58 PM
now it wants .net3.5 sp1....and of course it not on the disc!!!...derr!...and is sat there trying to make an internet connection on a pc with NO connection...round n round!...
dumbo software installer!

i'm downloading the .net thing from my net connected pc...230mb...

jasonwestmas
05-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Are your cats hiding under the sofa right about now?

cresshead
05-04-2009, 06:20 PM
no...Dyson has taken over my best office chair..i'm on the cheapy chair now!

all i wanted to do tonight was try out the retopology tools in max 2010 f rom a zbrush model...right now instead i want to do some practice with a flame thrower!

i'll give it another go on installing with my max 2009 ser number...if it works i'll do some retopo tomorrow...lost the urge to play in max tonight!

will ...watch a DVD...need to calm down!

sampei
05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
that's crazy there's no license !
and even crazier you let the cat steal your chair :lol:

AdamAvenali
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
all i wanted to do tonight was try out the retopology tools in max 2010 f rom a zbrush model.
are they anything like the tools in the polyboost plug?

cresshead
05-04-2009, 08:26 PM
they ARE polyboost...they hired the guy who makes it...they now own it and have rebuilt it to be a core part of 3dsmax renamed it graphite tools.

BTW got max running...not authrorised yet though...

IMI
05-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Doesn't it allow you to use it as a fully functioning trial, pending a serial number, just in case there are problems? Seems to me that's what"autopoop" has always done with max.

Silkrooster
05-04-2009, 10:42 PM
And you are paying for what again? :D

Seams to me that at that price they can hire someone to verify that everything needed is included on the dvd. It wouldn't surprise me if the number is hidden someplace. That happened to me one for a different program. Took me for ever to find but it was there.

cresshead
05-04-2009, 10:49 PM
i started on version2 of max...always had a serial number!

and yeah it's working under 'trial' for now..

i'll have to phone my reseller and see if they can sort it out...

OnlineRender
05-05-2009, 12:33 AM
thats i how i bought max via AD's website ,straight foward and generaly secure enough , i didnt notice the file size never pay attention when you have 50 meg :) but when i first installed, it crashed about 80% "win" when i went to reboot , it came up dos screen please reinstall win blah blah some driver file is corrupt " great " .

so now i have 2 win xp install on the same drive .

anoyed

cresshead
05-05-2009, 06:14 AM
just got a reply back from a fellow max user on the area>>

-> Contract Administration
-> Coverage Report
-> Click on the "contract number"
The following page shows you both the Serial Number and the Product Key.

so autodesk could have TOLD us....apparently everyone on subs is getting dvd's with no serial numbers on the box....

IMI
05-05-2009, 06:37 AM
So they sell it to you and just don't tell you where the SN is or how to get at it?
You sure you didn't miss an email or some other info somewhere?

cresshead
05-05-2009, 06:57 AM
So they sell it to you and just don't tell you where the SN is or how to get at it?
You sure you didn't miss an email or some other info somewhere?

yeah positive...3 fellow max subs users have also had no serial or info on where to get it...they emailed me this morning on it.

autodesk want to move to online downloads and no physical shipments in future..would have been easy to drop a line from them on 'where' to get the number though eh?

now need to uninstall max 2010 again so i can input to proper serial number to generate a proper request code.

IMI
05-05-2009, 07:13 AM
yeah positive...3 fellow max subs users have also had no serial or info on where to get it...they emailed me this morning on it.

autodesk want to move to online downloads and no physical shipments in future..would have been easy to drop a line from them on 'where' to get the number though eh?

now need to uninstall max 2010 again so i can input to proper serial number to generate a proper request code.

Wow that really is weird, Steve.

Anyone can download and install the demo, for free, no SN, no problems, no hassle, and be up and running for 30 days with no pain at all in the process.

But you shell out several thousand bucks for a subscription and you can't even use your purchase until you've located other users and managed to figure it out.

Sounds like AutoPoo has its priorities on backwards. ;)

cresshead
05-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Wow that really is weird, Steve.

Anyone can download and install the demo, for free, no SN, no problems, no hassle, and be up and running for 30 days with no pain at all in the process.

But you shell out several thousand bucks for a subscription and you can't even use your purchase until you've located other users and managed to figure it out.

Sounds like AutoPoo has its priorities on backwards. ;)

i can install it and have...but had not found 'where' to get the serial number as for every previous release the serial number was PRINTED on the dvd box via the barcoded stickers....they changed this to online serial but didn't tell you that little nugget of informaion!

i think they're still learning how to do this "online thing":D

subs is 430 inc vat per year btw not several thousand $$$

jayroth
05-05-2009, 05:37 PM
LOL! Sorry to hear about your troubles with this Cress. My max installation went smoothly, and get this, the serial was on the DVD case AND the box they shipped it in. Looks like things are different over the pond.

But if you want to talk about the licensing for Softimage 7.5, well, my experience with that was very similar to yours here, so I can sympathize...

cresshead
05-05-2009, 05:42 PM
LOL! Sorry to hear about your troubles with this Cress. My max installation went smoothly, and get this, the serial was on the DVD case AND the box they shipped it in. Looks like things are different over the pond.

But if you want to talk about the licensing for Softimage 7.5, well, my experience with that was very similar to yours here, so I can sympathize...

hey good to know your keeping an eye on the competition's apps!
..usually it's smooth sailing...max2009 with just click click done...
this time with max 2010..no SO easy!

i'll uninstall it and re install with proper serial now i know where to find it!:cat: