PDA

View Full Version : IVGA Privicy Screen

Sound Man
05-04-2009, 10:00 AM
IVGA Privicy Screen

Need a way to edit / substitute a user defined screen when the remote PC switches to the privacy mode?

We use a desktop PC to generate a PowerPoint of event announcements and run a scrolling room / time schedule program from our event booking software. We use a little program that does a timed ALT/TAB to switch between the 2 programs. It would be nice to have a different screen than the NewTek Privacy Mode splash that comes up. This system uses a TC Pro as the front end to a message monitor system throughout the facilities. We are also able to put program video out as well or playback informational DDR programs. This runs mostly unattended except when announcements need to be changed or other PC things need to be done. IVGA lets our Event director run the entire message system from her office which is located some distance from the Tricaster location.

Bob H.

SBowie
05-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Bob, it's not clear to me just when - in the process you describe - you need to show a 'privacy' screen?

Sound Man
05-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Steve,

When our event staff change either the PPT or the facility software they put up the "privacy" screen. If this was a "soft" mpg or tiff graphic we could assign an event oriented graphic to display while the updates are done. It would also be good if this could be assigned a "hot key" to toggle it on and off.

Bob

joseburgos
05-18-2009, 02:07 PM
I like the idea to use your own image as the privacy screen.
That said, why can't you load an image into TriCaster Pro picture and take to it while doing your updates?

Sound Man
05-18-2009, 08:16 PM
This part of our system runs with very little attention given to the TriCaster. We do have some playback content and live inputs that we switch to from time to time but with 2 other TriCasters and a VT5 running French, Spanish and English IMAG at the same time we have our hands full. That's why we want to have a graphic at the other end of the IVGA. We tried using a background PPT with the graphic but too many things need to be edited to keep a PPT up in display mode.

Bob

animlab
05-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Why not use the dual screen feature come with most VGA card?
One screen show privacy screen and the other your PPT screen. iVGA can choose to broadcast on of the screens to TriCaster.

PIZAZZ
05-19-2009, 09:37 AM
I agree with Chen. Is your powerpoint machine using dual heads? Are you running PowerPoint in Presenter mode or something else?

Just looking to help you solve your problem right now instead of waiting for a feature to be included in the next update.

BTW I do like the feature request none the less. :)

Sound Man
05-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Most of the time the Event Manager is using a Laptop without the 2nd screen attached. Desk space in that office is small. I thought of the 2nd screen but the event software doesn't like the alt/tab when it is on the 2nd screen it pops back to the first. that only happens when it is in the scrolling room usage information display mode.

I just noticed the "mediaplayer" selection in the IVGA control panel what is the function? I don't remember seeing it before but assume that it has been there, I just haven't used it.

Bob

dnewman31
08-17-2010, 12:47 AM
I found this request because I was looking to see if there was a tip on how to do this. I'd like to be able to do the same thing (specify custom graphic, custom text, or a solid color). Our unit is also often used in such a way that the TC is not always attended when the source laptop needs to be in privacy mode.

Even better would be a way to script in response to entering/exiting privacy mode when the ext is the active input.. this would be really cool. I'm on a TC Studio.