PDA

View Full Version : Basic blood dripping

claudians
04-30-2009, 04:22 PM
This may be really basic (I hope so). I want to make blod come out of a wound and run down the skin. I don't want to be gruesome and have it spurting out. The trouble is I can't get past the particle emitter shape. That is, if I have the particle emitter as a sphere that is 15 mm across, the particles stay in that little ball (and it gets crowded in there). I am no expert - in fact I am missing quite a few of the basics, but I am trying to work with what I have. Anyone have suggestions on how to make this blood work? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

SplineGod
04-30-2009, 07:47 PM
I probably wouldnt go with particles. Theres alot of things youll end up having to tweak plus dealing with collision objects. I would use a textures or create an object composed of alot of points and morph it. You can apply hypervoxels to the object. Use a morph target to make it ooze. If the angle of the wound is such that you need a few drips then you could probably get away with a particle emitter.

claudians
04-30-2009, 11:07 PM
I think I figured it out. There are a couple of little things to tweak in the color department, but thanks for the advice. I wanted to avoid texturing at all costs because I am REALLY bad at that. Thank you Splinegod.

I ended up using hypervoxels.

SplineGod
04-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Ive had to do a lot of blood elements on a show Ive been working on. :)

Mr Rid
04-30-2009, 11:22 PM
LW particles leave a lot to be desired for liquids, but it may help to have them stick to each other a little by calculating self-collision with viscosity.

Particle tab- enable Show Size and Output Size.
Enter an appropriate Particle Size value so that particles can 'touch' each other.
Interaction tab- Self Interaction and Interaction set to 'Crowd.' Adjust viscosity.

You might want to try out RealFlow since the demo is full featured, and can learn the basics in a day from some of the tuts on the NextLimit site. It outputs a mesh sequence that renders in LW.

prometheus
05-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Blenders fluids might work too, itīs free.check out Cagemanīs crash course for getting blender fluids in to lightwave.

another option might be to check out Houdini apprentice 10, and yepp itsīs
free too.
You can import your objects do a liquid fluid sim and you can actually export
the mesh out as object sequence.

Houdini is a bit tricky to learn thou, creating the fluid sim will probably be the
easiest, just create your fluid container and a fluid object inside of that and calculate...thatīs the base of it anyway.
Configuring it right to export out the stuff takes a little bit of getting to know the network for export etc.

Michael

OnlineRender
05-01-2009, 10:30 AM
video copilot has some great concept ideas , heres my video i made using there techniques , may help cut render times down .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOS6EvHuXR4

claudians
05-27-2009, 05:46 PM
:help: I know it's been a while, and I am on another scene. The Hypervoxels worked for the scene I was working on at the time, but now I am working on another scene. I have the texture made for the blood to drip down the guy's back (he's being whipped), but my problem is how to get the texture to change as the frames move along. What format should I save the movie? I have a png sequence, and I have an avi file. Should I use a different format? I also want to use alpha on it, because I want the blood to show up only, not the white background as well. Or am I going at this completely wrong? Thanks for any further reply.

SplineGod
05-27-2009, 06:08 PM
You can create an animated texture or have the texture displaced by another texture with the blending mode set to textured displacement. You can use pretty much any format.