PDA

View Full Version : Lock-Up Problem with Toaster CG

stoolpigeon
08-20-2003, 01:11 AM
Anyone having problems with the CG locking up when you save a file. I've locked up alot! :-( And it's driving me crazy. It even locked up when I was sending out a scroll as an RTV.

Thanks,
Chad

DaveO
08-20-2003, 01:32 PM
I believe this is a known and reported bug that is being worked on for quick repair as you read this post. It has been reported that some VT3 users are able to work around this problem by doing a SAVE AS instead of a SAVE but I've not found this to be the case. This issue is causing me great pain as I need to generate several hundred CG screens and have been saving them out individually as Image files for the time being.

hartley
08-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Just happened to me this morning, it worked about every third time I would try it.

hartley
08-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Just happened to me this morning, it worked about every third time I would try it.

Kevin_P
08-20-2003, 04:04 PM
I've been able to work around this by saving each page as an image file. It's not a very friendly solution, though, if you've got hundreds of pages or if you have to make changes frequently.

You still need to save the CG project though, even though it hangs, because it will save the raw data for future changes.

Hope this helps,
Kevin Petajan

DaveO
08-20-2003, 11:10 PM
As a work around, saving each individual CG screen as an Image file works however if you have a lot of them, (30-50 or more) each time you go to "save as an Image file" you will wait a little longer to select your file format. The more times you go in succession to save a screen the longer you wait.

Gordon
08-20-2003, 11:11 PM
I have also discovered that if you have any elements on any pages that are hidden, (with the 'do not render' this item checked), then the 'save' or 'save as' will fail everytime.

Paul Lara also mentioned that you should try 'Save' or 'Save As' and while the progress window is still open - leave it open and do another 'Save' or 'Save As'. The second attempt will complete, the second progress window will go away, and then you can just close the first progress window. This works a lot more frequently than closing the progress window before trying again.

DaveO
08-21-2003, 12:15 AM
I tried the saving again during the save or save as process and did not have any success.

Dick Nelson
09-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by DaveO
As a work around, saving each individual CG screen as an Image file works however if you have a lot of them, (30-50 or more) each time you go to "save as an Image file" you will wait a little longer to select your file format. The more times you go in succession to save a screen the longer you wait.

Indeed. The other day one of our directors was waiting a minute and a half for the "File Type" menu to appear. We discovered that each time you open this window it adds another complete list of file types. So the first time, you get the normal list. The second time you get two duplicate lists. The next time three. The next time four, etc. That's why it takes progressively longer to build that list each time, I presume. I hope NewTek will solve this problem along with the other CG saving problem in the patch they are allegedly working on.

Paul Lara
09-04-2003, 11:58 AM
Just FYI:
You don't even need the filetype list to be displayed; you can simply type in "filename.png" and it will save in that format.

Dick Nelson
09-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
Just FYI:
You don't even need the filetype list to be displayed; you can simply type in "filename.png" and it will save in that format.

Duh!!! You are absolutely right, of course. Interestingly, three of us--all pretty computer savvy (the other two more than I)--never thought of that obvious solution. We DID try simply typing the file type in the "File Type" window, but that doesn't work.

So, our problem is solved. However, I still hope a fix to this is in the upcoming patch.