PDA

View Full Version : Running Rabit "thats running "

OnlineRender
04-30-2009, 10:57 AM
my kid sister made this today , infact she made a full sketch drawn animation , i just stole the clips of the rabit and increased the frame rate , have a look not bad for a 14 year old girl :) shes into her manga atm .

C & C please so i can give her some honest feedback :)

bluerider
04-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks for sharing that. I am going to show my daughter that clip, hopefully she'll be inspired to try something similar out.

She's also a big Manga fan.

bazsa73
04-30-2009, 01:52 PM
C'mon, who can criticise a funny little bunny on 3 frames :) This sketch at her age is absolutely cool. But you should insist her doing more. Tell her that I like it.

Rabbitpenny
05-01-2009, 01:01 PM
She's doing it in the right order. Master 2D THEN 3D. (1D is usually a gimee;) ) Tell her that we're sure that will be the LEAST of her accomplishments.

OnlineRender
05-02-2009, 10:17 AM
in all honesty she isnt brilliant still has that child perspective , compared to myself at that age :) i dont mean that to sound terrible but its the truth and i do not hide that fact from her , i belive in pushing her , she asked what software and what method to teach and i came up with a blank , i suggested blender for 3D ,and toonboom for her sketch drawing animations . . i mentioned by the time shes 25 she may have mastered it , and be one step ahead of me ,

its hard to suggest a path for someone , esp at a young age ,to be honest i would rather tell her to become a hair dresser " never short of hair " , and use her art for pleasure rather than to make a living from , i reckon thats were i went wrong , i choose it as a life style and work ethic , i should have kept a hobby :P

sampei
05-02-2009, 04:00 PM
that's very cool OR, why not introduce her to lightwave as well as encourage her traditional art, I wish someone had done that with me when I was 14 !

cresshead
05-03-2009, 07:04 AM
looks good...she might want to step up and try some 2d in toon boom studio or the cheaper apps based around toon boom studio

like my walker guy>>

http://www.cresshead.com/index_htm_files/walker_red_toon.swf

sampei
05-03-2009, 03:12 PM
yes toon boom is a great tool for 2d, when combined with one of them wacom tablets it can become very addictive ! :D

DrStrik9
05-23-2009, 08:41 PM
When I was about 12, my dad helped me build an "animation machine," onto which I glued 16 hand-drawn frames of a duck flying cycle. It was operated by crank, and a neon light flashed at the exact right time over every animation frame. LOL

What a great memory. I wish I still had the drawings.

liquidpope
06-18-2009, 09:04 PM
DrStrik9, that's some old school animatin' right there.
Every single school book I owned between the ages of 12 and 16 had flip animations in every corner.
I just couldn't stop myself...

Back on topic; the rabbit cycle is none too shabby.
Definitely encourage her to do more.

jameswillmott
06-18-2009, 10:29 PM
(Tell her to get a job that makes enough money that she can do animation in her spare time and really enjoy it. :) )

It's a nice enough anim, not bad at all, but three frames is pretty hard to comment on...

3DGFXStudios
06-22-2009, 09:37 AM
I say: Talent !!! :D

dwburman
06-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Pencil is free 2D animation software.

http://www.pencil-animation.org/