PDA

View Full Version : Kurv Studios

monfoodoo
04-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Does anybody know why there phones are not in service? I placed a download order and can't find the download section,so i called them and got a no service recording.

GregMalick
04-30-2009, 09:35 AM
I have no idea.. but usually I get a download email.

Email Wes at
[email protected]

and/or

[email protected]

OnlineRender
04-30-2009, 09:38 AM
goto onto spinquad forums thell be someone there to help !

lwaddict
04-30-2009, 10:05 AM
They're pretty good about taking take of customers...
stick with it and Wes will get this taken care of.

monfoodoo
04-30-2009, 10:10 AM
ok,thanks for the help.

OrvilleB
04-30-2009, 12:20 PM
I just bought a video. I got the download link, but it stopped in the middle and gave me an error message. I called and got a message that the phones were disconnected. I have emailed them and hope they will resolve this.

OrvilleB
04-30-2009, 12:44 PM
The problem was solved in a very quick manner. I have bought several videos from them, and I have never had a problem before today, and they took care of me immediately. I just learned not to push the spacebar. That pauses download in Firefox. If you do that twice, the download fails.

kosmodave
04-30-2009, 01:39 PM
I have always found the service from kurv to be nothing short of excellent. I have purchased quite a few training videos from them especially when they have special offers on ( have not had time to view all of them yet but are there for when I need them ), I have always been happy with them especially the Spline God ones and the latest ones from Tim Dunn which I am working through now.:thumbsup:

Dave

kurv
05-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I have replied to your emails now several times. We just changed our number. Please check the site here and give me a ring, we are more than happy to assist you.

http://www.kurvstudios.com/customer_service.php

dbigers
05-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Although I hate to bump an old thread, I did want to agree with others about the level of service Kurv provides.

I recently placed an order for a couple of videos, Larry's older World Tour and Dimension series. Although older, everyone says there is some great information in them. They were only $15 each, so I figured it was a no-brainer.

Unfortunately there was a problem with the order causing a delay. After I e-mailed them, Wes himself called me today and apologised. He also threw in my choice of any other video that they have!!

That is above and beyond what I was expecting. Thanks again Kurv!!

crashnburn
05-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Kurv are great. I have had a few videos from them, a couple had problems with the download. But they were dealt with promptly. No complaints here.

Fadlabi
05-13-2009, 05:59 AM
I have ordered many times from Kurv, by shipping Or download and every thing is go OK.

adhesiveX
05-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Wes and Kurv Studios are great always there for thier customers.

GandB
05-13-2009, 10:16 PM
I'd like to add in my two cents.

Although I had initial issues with Kurv, Wes more than made up for it in the end. As a result I have an extensive library of tutorial sets.

-Keith

kurv
05-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey thanks guys, your comments are VERY much appreciated. While were not 100% I am the first to admit, we do try VERY hard.

Thanks again, in this tough economy, it is good to hear that you appreciate our efforts.

mvonw
05-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Wes, I ordered and received PLK but it's been 2 days and no response to my keycode request email.

can you at least respond to let me know your email is working?
Matt

mvonw
05-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Does anybody know if this company is defunct?
They took my money, but don't respond to emails for the license key?
-Matt

crashnburn
05-22-2009, 01:55 PM
What do you mean licence key? For a training video?

TimothyB
05-22-2009, 02:01 PM
What do you mean licence key? For a training video?

Isn't PLK that Poser Plug-in, (P)oser to (L)ightwave (K)it, so it probably has a key.

crashnburn
05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
So what email address you using to contact Kurv? I haven't had any contact problems with them.

mvonw
05-25-2009, 05:42 PM
It's the Poser to Lightwave Plugin. It needs a license key which you request via email. They took my money, but no response on the key. Not very cool.

Larry_g1s
05-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I would bet that they took an extended long weekend due to the Memorial day holiday. Kurv (i.e. Wes) is VERY good at answering email and we've never had a problem. IMO, this is not their usual service. Although you've not had fun for these past few days, I would bet that Kurv will respond and have you up and running on Tuesday. :thumbsup:I completely agree that Kurv (i.e. Wes) is VERY good at answering emails, etc. I've had no problems with them in the past. But I did order something from them mid last week and still haven't heard back from them, I'm wondering if just on vacation or if everything is alright. Because this isn't like them.

RollerJesus
05-26-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm waiting on a download link for a tutorial I purchased on Saturday, was hoping to work on it over the weekend but from what I saw on here, it looks like their purchasing system isn't automated and Memorial Day and all...

I'm sure I'll be getting it soon.

johncmurphy
05-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Same here. I ordered something for the long weekend, but I am still awaiting the download link.

Larry_g1s
05-26-2009, 12:09 PM
What's strange is I ordered mine mid week, and didn't get the download link till after it was already expired. lol

Like I said thought, I'm giving them grace sense this is unlike my previous experiences with them. ;)

OnlineRender
05-26-2009, 12:17 PM
good service , not to give you a big head or anything Kurv :P , but i asked for permission for use of a certian logo and it is was all good , forgot to say a big thanks dude .
excellent .

mvonw
05-26-2009, 05:28 PM
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hang loose for a few more days, but I couldn't get away or treating my clients like this.

aurora
05-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Guys I doubt Wes is on vacation, I am but that's a different story, however I do know that life is slightly different for him right now meaning hes working on my normal, sleep? What the heel is that, mode. I'll try to contact him tomorrow and let him know you guys are having issues. Cheers!

On a bright side note, Night At The Museum at the Smithsonian last Friday ROCKED!

Larry_g1s
05-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Guys I doubt Wes is on vacation, I am but that's a different story, however I do know that life is slightly different for him right now meaning hes working on my normal, sleep? What the heel is that, mode. I'll try to contact him tomorrow and let him know you guys are having issues. Cheers!

On a bright side note, Night At The Museum at the Smithsonian last Friday ROCKED!

I appreciate the effort tim. The training I'm actually having trouble getting the download link to is for your training on adv. hypervoxels & particals vol 2. ;)

aurora
05-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Sorry about that.
Please note, when you run into questions, and you probably will, and or even more importantly if you run into a comment in there where I say I'll cover something later and you can't find it, PLEASE let me know and I'll do some more bonus tutorials. I know I missed some things thanks to a murderous spring semester but could not remember what the heck they were.

Larry_g1s
05-26-2009, 09:28 PM
You bet & I appreciate the offer.

So are you done with school, done for the summer, or summer school?

RollerJesus
05-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Still nada from Kurv... Anybody hear anything?

Larry_g1s
05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Nothing. I've sent e-mails and phone calls.....very strange. :stumped:
Like I've said before (echoing many others), this is unlike Kurv Studios, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt right now.

RollerJesus
05-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah Larry, I agree, the Lightwave forum users that are regulars here are a testament to to the quality of Kurv materials but the lack of communication is a bit irritating...

how about your LWCAD tutorial.

Larry_g1s
05-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah Larry, I agree, the Lightwave forum users that are regulars here are a testament to to the quality of Kurv materials but the lack of communication is a bit irritating...The training is coming along now. There is lot of work I've had to do, to do it right. Particularly that we aren't just starting with .dwg/.dxf drawings. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this, so I want to do it right and very good info./training. So a projected date is about a week and a half. Thanks again for the interest.

mvonw
05-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm still waiting a week to get a simple keycode to use the plugin I bought (online via paypal), or even respond to my emails. Is this a one man company?

I sure would not advise anyone to purchase anything from them.

allabulle
05-28-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm still waiting a week to get a simple keycode to use the plugin I bought (online via paypal), or even respond to my emails. Is this a one man company?

I sure would not advise anyone to purchase anything from them.

Even in the worst case scenario you can always buy their DVD's from Amazon at the same price. If you don't have any confidence left on their part but you don't have concerns about their DVD's quality it's an option.

With the plug-ins I guess it would be another story, though. Yet it seems it's quite weird what's happening. Maybe Kurv is sick? No one knows where he is? I don't.

Larry_g1s
05-28-2009, 09:37 AM

I sure would not advise anyone to purchase anything from them.If this is your first purchase with them, that's really to bad to start off this way. As you can see by the posts above, this isn't their normal practice. But obviously something like this can't help but have some ramifications. Assuming everything gets worked out soon, I'd still purchase from them.

aurora...any word from Wes? You mention you were going to call.

mvonw
05-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I hope he is okay, but I would like my software (or refund)

kurv
05-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Sorry guys, I have been really sick (walking pneumonia) and so has Dianne for about a week now. Not making excuses, I have been trying to get to emails and I know I have voice mails. I will get back to everyone by tomorrow.

I am logging in to take care of downloads now, again VERY sorry guys.

I will personally take care of everyone myself and make sure we make things right.

Thank you all for your patience!

Wes -

Larry_g1s
05-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Totally understandable Wes. Like I said before, I've dealt with you in the past, and it's been great service. So this is totally understandable. I hope you guys feel better.

allabulle
05-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Sorry guys, I have been really sick (walking pneumonia) and so has Dianne for about a week now. Not making excuses, I have been trying to get to emails and I know I have voice mails. I will get back to everyone by tomorrow.

I am logging in to take care of downloads now, again VERY sorry guys.

I will personally take care of everyone myself and make sure we make things right.

Thank you all for your patience!

Wes -

When something abnormal happens usually is because of something abnormal. I'm glad you (both) are better.

aurora
05-28-2009, 08:30 PM
To answer your question Yep as you should already notice. And he is not making excuses he really has been sick and on the verge of REALLY sick!

BTW folks if you are trying to get a hold of me by my normal Email please suffix the title withe something like PARTICLES or KURV something I'll notice when I'm weeding out trash msgs without accidentally deleting yours. If in doubt send me a PMail either here, on SpinQuad or Kurv Studios. Wes went through everything and tried his best to get me to get the extras for the advanced class in there but somehow I still fill like we missed something so..... Sorry if I did and let me know and I'll try to get those extras done and in somehow for you all.

allabulle
05-28-2009, 09:22 PM
To answer your question Yep as you should already notice. And he is not making excuses he really has been sick and on the verge of REALLY sick!

BTW folks if you are trying to get a hold of me by my normal Email please suffix the title withe something like PARTICLES or KURV something I'll notice when I'm weeding out trash msgs without accidentally deleting yours. If in doubt send me a PMail either here, on SpinQuad or Kurv Studios. Wes went through everything and tried his best to get me to get the extras for the advanced class in there but somehow I still fill like we missed something so..... Sorry if I did and let me know and I'll try to get those extras done and in somehow for you all.

Good to know. After watching briefly one of your tutorials from the advanced particles dvd at a colleague studio, I ordered the two introduction ones. After that I'm buying the advanced two. You were clean, clear and to the point. If you add "bonus", well... thank you.

You may want to consider adding some sample videos on the Kurv's web. After seeing a bit of your stuff some of us here were headed to the (virtual) store.