PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 3DC GUI mock-up

Sonk
04-29-2009, 11:37 PM
As some of you probably know 3DCoat 3.0 is getting a new GUI, and some of the community members are helping create mock-up. Which mock-up do you see yourself working/playing in?

Mock-up "A" :

CGI Addict
04-29-2009, 11:48 PM
A

geothefaust
04-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey Sonk. :)

I'm still having a hard time deciding on this, because I like both yours and Shadows designs.

Personally, I think your interface style is more in line with the 3DC "theme" and would like to see it in place. It makes a lot of sense too, and looks easy to use.

Sonk
04-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey Sonk. :)

I'm still having a hard time deciding on this, because I like both yours and Shadows designs.

Personally, I think your interface style is more in line with the 3DC "theme" and would like to see it in place. It makes a lot of sense too, and looks easy to use.

Yup i was trying to stick to the current GUI "theme". If you guys vote for one and not the other it would be helpful to give a reason why and i know alot of this might be personal preference. :thumbsup:

AbnRanger
04-30-2009, 12:56 AM
How about a third choice (which is derived from your first example)?There's plenty of tweaks that could be made, but it's far enough along to make a determination if further work needs to be done. Until then, I don't think it's worth spending more valuable time on a lost cause. The sliders are taken from one of the things I love about Combustion. You can place your cursor anywhere in the window and scrub the levels left and right...with both numeric and visual indicators. Much easier than having to focus your cursor on a tiny little protruding knob with each adjustment.
You can see how they work at the 3:25 point in the following tutorial:
http://movies1.vtc.com/player/hbMoviePlayer.php?cipher=0t|30u||3i|9|n43o05t3s|3| o70b8|pc25sm07ee&size=Large&movieName=Text+Operator&titleName=Autodesk+Combustion+2008

CGI Addict
04-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Even though I voted for "A", they are both nice and would work quite well. What put "A" over the top for me was I like the tools off to either side and not positioned on the top in stacks.

I like more of a horizontal window to work with but like I said effort was put into both options and both would work equally well.

zapper1998
04-30-2009, 01:10 AM
can we have both ??

geo_n
04-30-2009, 01:11 AM
How about option C? Andrews current gui.
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9453/andatn.th.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=andatn.jpg)

CGI Addict
04-30-2009, 01:18 AM
What the ... if that's the current look why is it undergoing a makeover. Just try to keep all those little neon green icons out, not working for me.

geothefaust
04-30-2009, 01:26 AM
I personally like the green. :)

But the icons are customizable, so if you don't, then you can at least change them.

akademus
04-30-2009, 01:33 AM
Better like the first one. I prefer clarity in design over heaps of distracting gradients.

Sonk
04-30-2009, 02:54 AM
How about option C? Andrews current gui.
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9453/andatn.th.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=andatn.jpg)

that's awful looks like programmer art ;D ....i think AbnRanger's mock-up would make for a better third choice!

can we have both ??

No ;D

:2guns: pick one, check out the layout of both to see which is more logical to you..some prefer icons some prefer words. I like a combo of both. A has the scale,move,rotate tools in the "translate" sub-tab. B has those tools in the top right corner(i think).

@Don, thanks for the slider video i'll check it out tomorrow. Can i borrow the slider idea and add it to mines?

geo_n
04-30-2009, 03:41 AM
that's awful looks like programmer art ;D ....i think AbnRanger's mock-up would make for a better third choice!

No ;D

:2guns: pick one, check out the layout of both to see which is more logical to you..some prefer icons some prefer words. I like a combo of both. A has the scale,move,rotate tools in the "translate" sub-tab. B has those tools in the top right corner(i think).

@Don, thanks for the slider video i'll check it out tomorrow. Can i borrow the slider idea and add it to mines?

Haha. I still don't like your vertical modo tabs and outliner,shadertree, whatever you call it.. If you move the tabs horizontally you have my vote. Visually yours is more appealling than andrews or shadows.

Matt
04-30-2009, 04:34 AM
If I were to choose between those two, it would be A for the reasons I posted here:

http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/topic.aspx?id=34098

Although I would probably do it differently.

Is it too late to offer any ideas?

Matt
04-30-2009, 04:35 AM
AbnRanger's mock-up would make for a better third choice!

Yes, I liked what he did in that thread (which I just skipped through today for the first time).

cresshead
04-30-2009, 04:46 AM
'a' is the best option for me

AbnRanger
04-30-2009, 05:24 AM
Sure...there are a few things I would further address, but if Andrew has already decided on the layout, nothing I could add would be of any benefit.

Sonk
04-30-2009, 03:24 PM
If I were to choose between those two, it would be A for the reasons I posted here:

http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/topic.aspx?id=34098

Although I would probably do it differently.

Is it too late to offer any ideas?

IMO its not too late. but you should do it for "fun" don't expect to get anything out of it. I'd love to see your take on a new GUI for 3DCoat. Just make sure you download the 3.0 demo and give it a try to see the current workflow/GUI is and take it from there.

I'm sure you know this but a GUI is much more then pretty graphics, its also about workflow.

Sure...there are a few things I would further address, but if Andrew has already decided on the layout, nothing I could add would be of any benefit.

What kind of things? BTW if you want the Photoshop file for my mockup send me a PM with your email.

Nicolas Jordan
04-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Definitely A for me.

calilifestyle
04-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Crazy over on cgtalk the "B" one is ahead in votes. Over here its "A". well at lest it was when i voted.

AbnRanger
04-30-2009, 06:22 PM
IMO its not too late. but you should do it for "fun" don't expect to get anything out of it. I'd love to see your take on a new GUI for 3DCoat. Just make sure you download the 3.0 demo and give it a try to see the current workflow/GUI is and take it from there.

I'm sure you know this but a GUI is much more then pretty graphics, its also about workflow.

What kind of things? BTW if you want the Photoshop file for my mockup send me a PM with your email.Oh, just tweaks like making buttons, sliders, drop down selection boxes either all round-edged or square...I like shadow's layer thumbnails (like Photoshop).
I was just adding to your layout...not proposing any real differences other than some overall accent/appearance tweaks, plus the Combustion/Toxic/Flame/Smoke sliders is something worth Andrew looking into. Much quicker and easier than having to make your cursor hit that tiny little knob each time.
If you want to take the changes I made and expand on it (since you know the program much better than I do), I can give you the PSD file. It's fairly organized, so can make quick changes.

Matt
04-30-2009, 06:23 PM

I am aware of this fact! :D

Sonk
04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
I like shadow's layer thumbnails (like Photoshop).

I have mix feelings about that, unless it update as you move your camera its not really useful. It kinda takes up too much space but that's only a problem if you use ALOT of layers.

I am aware of this fact! :D

I read Andrew was open to ideas still, in the 3DC 3 alpha thread, so get cracking on those mock-up! :D

IMI
04-30-2009, 08:05 PM
I like B a whole lot better. More screen space, less icon space, virtually none of that annoying key lime green.

EDIT:
Can those Tools and Tool Options panels be broken off and dragged to a second monitor to free up space?

wacom
04-30-2009, 08:12 PM
I like A for the most part, but only if things will dynamically adjust to resizing.

Take the tool options- I don't want to have to have a row of 3x5- it would be nice if I sized it that it might go 1x15, or 2x7&2x8 for the icons.

In the end it would be cool if there was a mode that took away almost all icons and replaced it with text. I'm an SI, LW kind of UI person though vs. a Max/Maya/C4D kind.

Still A feels more 3DC while B just looks like PS. I do prefer the layers on B...but the rest...why even bother as it doesn't do anything better than the current 3DC AFAIK.

Quick snaps shut open and closed left to right on tool windows would be cool too (like Indesign has). Multi- layout would also be a cool one- user defined presets for different setups depending on what you think you need with a quick select mode for each one. Just dreaming here!

Each version also doesn't show the nice color wheel of 3DC. Granted, it's too large in the current 3DC (could be much smaller like it is in painter or even colors! ds) but I do like picking color that way- along with HSV sliders...

In a perfect world we'd have both A and B- since so many people are familiar with PS it would be a way of easing them into using the program...though I had very few issues with the main functions of even the 2.x builds of 3DC esp. compared to other, similar software.

Sonk
04-30-2009, 08:57 PM
I like B a whole lot better. More screen space, less icon space, virtually none of that annoying key lime green.

EDIT:
Can those Tools and Tool Options panels be broken off and dragged to a second monitor to free up space?

I think Andrew is still working on dual monitor support, once that's in place you can drag and drop any tabs, even the ones you mention into the second monitor.

radams
04-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi All,

This is all interesting and 3DC looks like it is going to become an indespensable toolset...

Just a friendly comment, why talk about 3DC UI on the Newtek forums ?

Wouldn't it be better to chat about this with Andrew and others on the
3DC website....

It seems out of place here...

I could understand linking to that forum to have a chat over there about it...but to have the conversation here just seems out of place.

Again, just a friendly thought.

Cheers,

IMI
04-30-2009, 11:46 PM

3DC website....

It seems out of place here...

How does it seem out of place here?
Without looking it up, I think the General Discussion forum is "officially" a place for things concerning 3D and VFX and the tools in general.

Plus, 3D Coat more or less began here. AFAIK, it's been developed primarily around LightWave, to fill the gap we have between difficulties with ZBrush and Mudbox's lack of easy support for LW, not to mention the cost of those apps.

3D Coat offers excellent support for LW, but also for .lwo files, something which none of the other sculpting programs do - unless you count Modo, but Modo isn't designed specifically for sculpting and painting.

And also, Andrew Shpagin, developer of 3D Coat, is a LightWaver, at least as far as using the program and its SDK. I know he's posted here on these forums on many occasions.

Yeah, sure it definitely ought to be discussed at the 3DC forums, but it also ought to be discussed here, if people want to discuss it here. For alot of people here, 3D Coat is an *extension* of LightWave, and therefore, very relevant.

Would you try to discourage a discussion here about Worley products, or Messiah, or Kray or RealFlow or SyFlex?

IMI
04-30-2009, 11:48 PM
I think Andrew is still working on dual monitor support, once that's in place you can drag and drop any tabs, even the ones you mention into the second monitor.

Sounds good. :thumbsup:

jburford
05-01-2009, 07:41 AM
B feels a lot cleaner and less "heavy" to me. . ...

would suggesst using css style sheets like Core and letting the users adapt and modify their own themes!!!

Matt
05-01-2009, 09:02 AM

3DC website....

I believe there is a thread there too.

Sonk is just trying to grab as many opinions as possible, casting the net wider so to speak. And many LW users also use 3DC.

Mike_RB
05-01-2009, 09:11 AM
I believe there is a thread there too.

Sonk is just trying to grab as many opinions as possible, casting the net wider so to speak. And many LW users also use 3DC.

He posted this over on the lux board as well. His UI poll is fully saturated, I wonder if he posted it to the softimage mailing list too?

radams
05-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Would you try to discourage a discussion here about Worley products, or Messiah, or Kray or RealFlow or SyFlex?

To be honest...yes and no...

As with even 3DC...being talked about how it fits in a LW workflow etc....that's cool...

But when talking about that apps development especially its UI...that just seems out of place here...please understand that I'm just commenting on this in a friendly way....it just seems a waste of time and energy to discuss it here.

The person that needs to see all of this is Andrew...and the 3Dcoat community...

As for us LWers...yeah I look forward to seein 3DC improved including the UI....but posting wishful ideas and concepts that are not being done by 3DC...just seems wasting time, energy and space. here.

This seems to be more of a marketing thing that some users are trying to do....to fluence others...but it is in the wrong place, IMHO.

I think that 3DC is an amazing product...and I have other professional friends who use it daily.

But they would be addressing these UI issues on 3DC's forum...not NT's.

Please let us hear all the cool things that you are creating with it...and how it is easy or does things that you could do with out it...

I'm all for that...but not the development of it.

Cheers,

IMI
05-01-2009, 10:10 AM

As with even 3DC...being talked about how it fits in a LW workflow etc....that's cool...

But when talking about that apps development especially its UI...that just seems out of place here...please understand that I'm just commenting on this in a friendly way....it just seems a waste of time and energy to discuss it here.

The person that needs to see all of this is Andrew...and the 3Dcoat community...

As for us LWers...yeah I look forward to seein 3DC improved including the UI....but posting wishful ideas and concepts that are not being done by 3DC...just seems wasting time, energy and space. here.

This seems to be more of a marketing thing that some users are trying to do....to fluence others...but it is in the wrong place, IMHO.

I think that 3DC is an amazing product...and I have other professional friends who use it daily.

Please let us hear all the cool things that you are creating with it...and how it is easy or does things that you could do with out it...

Cheers,

OK, well since you put it THAT way, you do have a point.
Although honestly, there's an awful lot of stuff posted here daily which is only borderline LW, and the discussion of other apps is thoroughly ingrained. Not to mention NT doesn't seem to mind.

But yeah, I can agree on your points, although I wouldn't suggest not to post such a thing here.

But I'm an anything-goes-kinda-guy, so it really doesn't matter to me one way or another. ;)

AbnRanger
05-01-2009, 01:38 PM

Cheers,Notice he didn't post it in a Maya or 3ds Max thread. Why? Probably for the reasons you mentioned. But remember, as was already stated, there is a large contingent of LW users who are either 3DC users or familiar with it. It was first adopted here...I remember folks talking about Zbrush and Larry (SplineGod) mentioned an unheard of alternative (then 3D Brush). Andrew soon became a regular on here and started developing features for it exclusive to LW users. Many of us see a kinship and think it would be a smart move for Newtek to license an integrate version of it in CORE...especially now that they are starting with modeling.

Sonk
05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
He posted this over on the lux board as well. His UI poll is fully saturated, I wonder if he posted it to the softimage mailing list too?

Nope, don't think any softimage user use 3DC, plus i don't think mailing list really works. I would post it up at more forums, but 3 is enough cgtalk being the more important one since alot of people go there. I think Matt gets why i post the poll and others don't for some reason..Maybe because Matt actually spent some time doing mock-up.

Hmm do you think my poll is spam or pointless also?

Cheers,

ic, so i'm getting kick backs from Andrew by posting a UI poll in the newtek forum?

Ray,you realize that Andrew does come to this forum and cgtalk? and you realize that i did post a link on the 3DC forum to the polls? So Andrew is probably reading it one way or another(though he is probably more interested in programming).

We do alot of discussion about the UI at the 3DC forums, more so then here. In a mix pipeline world artist tend to use multiple tools to get the job done its important to ME to see what people prefer about a UI,and why. If you don't want to be involved poll i respect that, but your comments sound so discouraging and slightly negative.

The WHY is important it helps to see what can be address/change about the 2 UI mock-up. Also isn't it a contradiction to say you think this is marketing(which you dont like,i take it), then ask to see pretty images made by 3DC(which is just marketing)? hmm

radams
05-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Sonk,

Please understand that my comments were and for the most part are friendly comments, thoughts or suggestions.

I've been doing production work along with development and beta testing since the mid 80's....
Those who've been on these forums for awhile have known me over the years. Along with many at NT and other developers.

I'm glad that Andrew created 3DC...several of my friends and other professionals I know use it and have strongly suggest this as an additional paint, texture and sculpting toolset.

I understand that you and others would like to see NT incorporate 3DC into CORE...fine...make that suggestion along with the reasons why, the need, toolsets, workflows, etc....
Make your points of what it does for you...and how it makes it easier, etc...

But why make a pole about a UI design...that you have no power to implement...on an application that doesn't belong to NT ?

I know that LWers are a significant user base...but won't those users also be on the 3DC forum.

Again, my suggestion and point is that this type of pole and conversation belongs there...not here.
Please make a post with a link to 3DC's forum...that's fine....but creating the conversation here is really pointless.
Even if Andrew reads this forum.

What do you expect your pole and UI's to do ?

Are you expecting Andrew to go Yup that's the one from your Pole ?

Are you in any way connected with 3DC...to make such decisions ?

I'm glad that you love this software...and want to see it improve.
That you want to have a say...and hopefully help to do the things you want better.
But none of that belongs here...

It belongs on the 3DC forums..

And with the tone and attitude you just presented...
Only shows that you're pushing your ideas with little regard for them being appropriate or not.

Andrew, if you are reading this forum...
I think having commited users are great...but Sonk (what is your real name BTW)...takes things a little too far.

Sonk, I know that we all like to see the needs we have be addressed,
and you see yourself as trying to help...you are...
But not here on this forum...

3DC development conversations belong there...UI is a development issue.

Sonk, please stop being sensitive, and take a second look at what I've actually stated...and understand the reasons of it.

Just because NT doesn't delete this thread doesn't mean you should continue this.

As I stated before, I would love to see the work you are doing with 3DC...
To hear the workflows and solutions it provides for you...
and how it works great with LW...and hopefully CORE...

But stop trying to push your agenda onto NT, and 3DC.

If you take offense to this I'm sorry...but send me a private message if you take issue.

There's enough attitudes in these forums.

Cheers,

Sonk
05-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Ray,

First of all, i never said anything about wanting 3DC integrated into CORE that's someone else fantasy.

I don't get why this poll is in the wrong place , since this is a "general discussion" forum and there are other polls up also? I have no "agenda" it is just a poll that needs a wider audience hence why its posted in a few CG forums. What kind of agenda are you referring with NT? I only sign up to talk about CORE from the beginning.

I setup the same poll at cgtalk general discussion forum and no one has a problem with it. Andrew mention he does find the mock-ups useful he is taking ideas from everyone. The poll is helpful for Andrew, the shadow and me, it helps us see what people like don't like and change 3DC for the better.

I seriously don't get why you make such a big deal about a internet poll that's CG related, while their are polls on this forum about religion/politics....I mean if you feel its "spam" then i would see were your coming from.

If the LW developers think this doesn't belong here they can delete it i'm fine with that. But until then i'm still going to truck along with the poll :) and the mock-up.

Sonk,

Please understand that my comments were and for the most part are friendly comments, thoughts or suggestions.

I've been doing production work along with development and beta testing since the mid 80's....
Those who've been on these forums for awhile have known me over the years. Along with many at NT and other developers.

I'm glad that Andrew created 3DC...several of my friends and other professionals I know use it and have strongly suggest this as an additional paint, texture and sculpting toolset.

I understand that you and others would like to see NT incorporate 3DC into CORE...fine...make that suggestion along with the reasons why, the need, toolsets, workflows, etc....
Make your points of what it does for you...and how it makes it easier, etc...

But why make a pole about a UI design...that you have no power to implement...on an application that doesn't belong to NT ?

I know that LWers are a significant user base...but won't those users also be on the 3DC forum.

Again, my suggestion and point is that this type of pole and conversation belongs there...not here.
Please make a post with a link to 3DC's forum...that's fine....but creating the conversation here is really pointless.
Even if Andrew reads this forum.

What do you expect your pole and UI's to do ?

Are you expecting Andrew to go Yup that's the one from your Pole ?

Are you in any way connected with 3DC...to make such decisions ?

I'm glad that you love this software...and want to see it improve.
That you want to have a say...and hopefully help to do the things you want better.
But none of that belongs here...

It belongs on the 3DC forums..

And with the tone and attitude you just presented...
Only shows that you're pushing your ideas with little regard for them being appropriate or not.

Andrew, if you are reading this forum...
I think having commited users are great...but Sonk (what is your real name BTW)...takes things a little too far.

Sonk, I know that we all like to see the needs we have be addressed,
and you see yourself as trying to help...you are...
But not here on this forum...

3DC development conversations belong there...UI is a development issue.

Sonk, please stop being sensitive, and take a second look at what I've actually stated...and understand the reasons of it.

Just because NT doesn't delete this thread doesn't mean you should continue this.

If you take offense to this I'm sorry...but send me a private message if you take issue.

There's enough attitudes in these forums.

Cheers,

radams
05-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi Sonk,

Sorry I was in error of that you wanted to see 3DC intergrated into LW.
I stand corrected...but others do as mentioned here.

Since you don't use LW, do you have any NT product that you use ?
What 3D applications do you use...and what type of work do you do with them ?

CGtalk is just that...and they are not a developer.
You seem to be new to forums...or at least to a developer based forum.

I get that you don't understand why this is inappropriate on the NT forums.
That is why I'm trying to assist you to understanding that point.

I'm also trying to help you be seen and heard by the correct people that will do what you are asking....in regards to a new UI...

That will ONLY come from 3DC and Andrew...
Not from anyone here on this forum.

I applaud your love of this application...but voice your needs and development comments where it is best addressed and a proper conversation can be created.

Again if you take issue with this...please private message me.
And what is your real name ?

Cheers,

AbnRanger
05-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Ray, have you noticed that you're the only person to have an issue with it here? Doesn't that in itself, say something. You're making a mountain of of a mole hill. General Discussion is what it is...a place to talk about anything in GENERAL. There are plenty of places on this forum for a more LW-centric conversation.
This is akin to going to the break area during lunch hour and asking what people are doing there when they should be at work....imagine the look you'd get.
I'd say you'd probably get a flying middle-finger salute or two...and deservingly so.
Please...just drop it with forum police routine. You are in no position to dictate what is or isn't proper in a General Discussion forum. This is a place for folks to shoot the breeze...movies, new software releases...whatever.

For what it's worth...there are plenty of folks here who probably don't frequent 3DC's board, yet have some level of interest in how it's developing. Since Andrew has welcomed mockups and ideas for v3's UI changes (SonK's being one of them), you're also out of line saying his work has no bearing. It in fact does.

geothefaust
05-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Don't be so sensitive...

3DC practically started it's life here on the NT forums. Talk of it DOES indeed belong on the NT forums. Take a back seat on this one, champ.

Hi Sonk,

Sorry I was in error of that you wanted to see 3DC intergrated into LW.
I stand corrected...but others do as mentioned here.

Since you don't use LW, do you have any NT product that you use ?
What 3D applications do you use...and what type of work do you do with them ?

I get that you don't understand why this is inappropriate on the NT forums.
That is why I'm trying to assist you to understanding that point.

I'm also trying to help you be seen and heard by the correct people that will do what you are asking....in regards to a new UI...

That will ONLY come from 3DC and Andrew...
Not from anyone here on this forum.

I applaud your love of this application...but voice your needs and development comments where it is best addressed and a proper conversation can be created.

Again if you take issue with this...please private message me.

And what is your real name ?

Cheers,

Better left to PM, wouldn't you agree?

radams
05-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Better left to PM, wouldn't you agree?

Actually no.

There are too many here who just stay/hide in the shadows.
I'm not saying that Sonk is being shady...I don't think he is.

But own your words and comments...and own your own name.

There is no need to go to PM for that.
And is something not to get offended if called out on.

Cheers,

IMI
05-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Actually no.

There are too many here who just stay/hide in the shadows.
I'm not saying that Sonk is being shady...I don't think he is.

But own your words and comments...and own your own name.

There is no need to go to PM for that.
And is something not to get offended if called out on.

Cheers,

Wow, in just a few short sentences you not only totally negate the need people have for a certain degree of privacy, but also strongly imply one has no right to an opinion if he doesn't prove to you who he is.
That's just totally uncalled for, and I have to say, the first time I've seen that happen here, and has gone well beyond your initial "friendly suggestion", or however you put it.

I'm sure you're successful, and someone to be respected, but you are rather full of yourself, aren't you?

Sonk
05-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Ray,

Yes i know cgtalk aren't developers, that's the whole point its poll for DCC users if by some crazy chance it does get great feedback from a elite master GUI designer then great. In order to attract new users to 3DC you kind of have to know what people of other DCC app like/dislike that's why the poll is placed in few CG sites. Also if you noticed were aren't discussing in depth about GUI design in any of the polling sites, that kind of stuff is best done at 3DC forum(which we do).

Not trying to be shady but what does my real name have to do with this poll? Nothing, so why should i give it out.

"do you have any NT product that you use ?
What 3D applications do you use...and what type of work do you do with them ?"

Again whats does that have to do with the poll?...hmm

what is your real name ?

Cheers,

geothefaust
05-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Ray, I wont be replying to your private message. I stand by what I said in the previous private message. 3DCoat information does well to belong here, or on any other 3D related forum. It's a tool plenty of people here use, and there is nothing wrong with helping get as many people involved with the process that is underway over on the 3DC forums.

Personally, I think you're borderline trolling this thread. Have some common courtesy and leave it be, please? You've made your point. If you have a further "issue" with it, report it as I stated in the private message.

Sonk, I wouldn't worry too much about him. :)

========================

Anyway, enough of that rubbish. On to something worth while... Like the ORIGINAL topic of this post! Has anyone recently checked out build 80? Andrew apparently has borrowed a few of the elements that both Sonk and Shadow suggested. Which is great, since they both had a lot of great ideas to share.

3DC is really shaping up nicely. I'm glad to have been a part of the community over there and helped shape the program.

Nemoid
05-05-2009, 01:35 AM
could you guys post a screenshot of new build?

Sonk
05-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Anyway, enough of that rubbish. On to something worth while... Like the ORIGINAL topic of this post! Has anyone recently checked out build 80? Andrew apparently has borrowed a few of the elements that both Sonk and Shadow suggested. Which is great, since they both had a lot of great ideas to share.

3DC is really shaping up nicely. I'm glad to have been a part of the community over there and helped shape the program.

I'm still running alpha 75 because it has a stable GUI. So im not sure what changes are maded in 80-82? Can you post some pics up?

geo_n
05-07-2009, 11:07 AM
It looks the same as my post in page 1 except for the addition of the render tab beside the voxel tab.