PDA

View Full Version : BeethovenAP and other error messages

tmon
04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
VT5.2b crashes. Previously, I thought I had resolved things by updating the drivers (NewTek-approved) of the QuadroFX1500 video card. Now, I think there is another problem. Any theories would be appreciated. The VT software is crashing regularly every 15-20 minutes. No screen saver is active.

Two error types. They seem different than the previous crashes that seemed to be related to the video card driver, which was usually preceded by a freeze-up during file operations. These new ones occur when the workstation isn't even being used, but the VT app is launched (but not doing anything).

Error Signature/2624
BeethovenAPI/2928.

This all started after upgrading to 5.2b.

Platform:
Windows XP Pro SP2, 2GB RAM, Tyan S2892 motherboard, AMD Dual-Core Opteron 275 (2).

ACross
04-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Looking at these crashes, it does not appear to actually be VT[5] that is causing the crash. It looks to me like your AAC or ADTS decoder ActiveX plugin is crashing. This will have been installed most likely with a media player, codec pack from the web or a DVD player. If you are lucky, you just have a file somewhere that is causing it to crash, if you are unlucky you have a corrupted DirectShow installation which can be harder to resolve.

One thing that might work is to find aac_parser.ax on your system and at a command line type "regsvr32 /u aac_parser.ax" This will avoid the decoder being used entirely which might stop the crash if its something with the parser itself. Likely it will stop most media players playing aac files as well however.

Andrew

tmon
04-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Thanks Andrew! I appreciate it.

I'll look into the things you mention.