PDA

View Full Version : New illustrations

palpal
04-29-2009, 03:09 PM
You have seen some of these before but here is the latest renders for the illustrations. some more will be added in post but not that much alterations so I post theme here as finished artwork.

I am really proud of these as I now think they are modern and different and still look like dummies in a way, I want that more metal look even the surface is like all bumps and wear and so on... I just think this surface is my reality here, you know that I do know it does not look totally real, but I want them to be like this, as a blend of a robot and the dummies... hard to explain but I am really happy with the look of these myself.. The original dummies are not like this I know, but the point is that I want the illustrations to be more modern than a doll from the sixties really are. One might argue that it would be cooler with more old look, but this is the way I now have decided that they should be like... I hope you like them as I really do myself, I am so proud of these! The sexy ones are used in ads in mens magazines in holland by the way!

PAL

Software: lightwave for rendering and modeling, messiah for rig and posing and mdd files. phothoshop and proceduralsin lw for textures and LW for uv mapping.

Creds: PAL and Langholm for concepts and ideas, Thomas4d initial models, PAL for final models, Usefulslug for rig and uv map defination, and pal for posing, texturing, studio and light and all the rest.

palpal
04-29-2009, 03:12 PM
More of them...

I am happy with the fact that the ipod is not 3d but painted on i photoshop, looks about the apple ipod ads from the past... I like that instead of a real one in 3d here in the illustration! ...why is the ipod there one might argue... well... why not is my answer to that... the young lad is just occupied with something else...

All of the illustrations are rendered in min. 6000pixels in heigt , with depends on the hight and framing... at around 40min to 2 hours per illustration with fprime and my classic studio scene that is 6 years old now, featuring only one area light...

By the way... all surfacing done with clasic surface panels and no nodes on these... I really do not understand nodes still... ha ha... that is a shape... why I ask myself... then the answer comes... because you feel panels are the most effective and easy way and you know how to do it with that... so why change before one has to? I see some cool stuff I could have done with nodes here, but it is so hard for me that... so for now as long as I have an option I will stick to what I know...

PAL

sampei
05-02-2009, 04:56 AM
PAL...amazing work ! very inspiring and original concept, great realization ! sincere congratulations on this fab work.
BTW I can't believed nobody replied to this thread, what the :censored: is wrong with this forum :compbeati

palpal
05-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Well... it is a real production and concept for a client and it is not a spaceship with popper texturing, maybe I need to do that... also there are alot of the forum users that has seen some of these in the past in different states, but not as good as these are and with multiple characters, like the sexy mom is different from the normal mom and so on...

Well... it do not matter that much as I know they are good and I wil just have more time to work and not chat in forums in the future I guess... thanx for the kind words, and I totally agree, I am happy with these and would have found inspiration in them if someone else had created and posted them... strange it is... yoda.

PAL

sampei
05-03-2009, 07:02 PM
you have another very good point, less posting and more wavin' :D

palpal
05-10-2009, 05:52 PM
The client loved these, and approved all for production and print, that is cool for me. The marketing department ment they were spot on for their needs and that they really did find the work I did for them to be really better than what they expected it to be... so that is cool... sure I hoped for some more comments on these from the LW scene but it never came so I guess they are all lame... anyway... I am happy myself with these...

Your PAL

sampei
05-10-2009, 06:21 PM
hey congrats PAL, you should be proud. ;)
Oh and dont mind the forum, to me its just very wierd its this hard to get feedback even with solid work like this (kinda defies the point of posting tbh), maybe you should try somewhere else im afraid, Im sure it will be much appreciated.

COBRASoft
05-10-2009, 08:08 PM
hey congrats PAL, you should be proud. ;)
Oh and dont mind the forum, to me its just very wierd its this hard to get feedback even with solid work like this (kinda defies the point of posting tbh), maybe you should try somewhere else im afraid, Im sure it will be much appreciated.

Couldn't agree more! Really nice models and renders.

palpal
05-11-2009, 06:20 PM
But I do not think the post were done in the portfolio thing... hmmm...

ohhh... well... whatever...

Like 5 years ago I would found why it happened that it did not get posted... and all... but now... well I am getting too old... it should just work...

Bye for now wavers, love you all!

Your PAL

DrStrik9
05-16-2009, 01:13 AM
The artist doll with breasts is absolutely hilarious, as is the entire artist doll series. :-)

GREAT work.