PDA

View Full Version : animation gallery? should there bee one?

erikals
04-29-2009, 10:27 AM
what do you think, should there be an animation gallery here?

i think yes...

adamredwoods
04-29-2009, 10:37 AM
No, there are enough sections.
IMHO... GENERAL SUPPORT and TIPS should be combined.

and LW 9.6 discussion maybe should also be combined into one GENERAL SUPPORT section.

AdamAvenali
04-29-2009, 01:00 PM
also, i dont know if there is still a need for a special 9.6 gallery. i think WIP and Finished should cover it.

RollerJesus
04-29-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm all for some forum consolidation. One gallery and one WIP... animations or stills.

DiedonD
04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
The issue that bugs me about any gallery is that...

The real CRAPPY art is the kind that doesnt makes us feel anything at all right!

And with all so many viewers and none as much repliers in our galleries, it kinda gives the same idea to any artist that posts ones work there!

Whats the point of opening any gallery, if we still have the lack of replies problem, and what lack of replies is hinting, in these galleries that are already there?

So havent voted yet! I sure would like to have more galleries opened, and even one for rigging aswell while where at it, and texturing, but whats the point when there usually isnt a satisfying feedback, irrelevant of positive or negative one!

RebelHill
04-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Im for forum consolidation too... keep stills and anims in one section each for finished and WIP..

as for the good stuff/crap stuff idea... I think its high time the NT forums had a showcase gallery, where only the best stuff gets posted (ie, new posts are vetted, or the highest ranking posts from the "open to all gallery" are relocated)...

Oh, and also a banner of front page "hot threads", which would be for any threads that were great, discussion, tutorial, or top work.

DiedonD
04-30-2009, 12:21 AM
There are so many options that may work!

Theres the crosreward from the postee system. Theres the possiblity of remaining partly anonymus, if you want to say something but are aware of perhaps the reply may hurt the posters feelings! And you can do that to an almost anonymous level even! Id say 'Anonomous' said this and that about your art!

http://public.fotki.com/PLara19570/portraits/amanda-valentine/amandavfinal10a.html

Check the add coment area!

akademus
04-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Definitely yes.

If we want LW to be reestablished as LW character animation software of significance in 3D industry then LW community needs to showcase character animation produced using tools from LW. It would be a great companion to Character animation section.

erikals
04-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Definitely yes.

If we want LW to be reestablished as LW character animation software of significance in 3D industry then LW community needs to showcase character animation produced using tools from LW. It would be a great companion to Character animation section.

yep, that's what i think too http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/smile.gif
an animation section would help /boost make this happen.