PDA

View Full Version : make joint chain problem

MUCUS
04-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Hi all!

After looking at the very interesting Rebelhill's tutorial video about rigging, I'm actually trying to use make joint chain for all my rigs. It's the first time, and I'm gladly surprise with the speed of this function.

But I'm meeting a strange issue with that. I got a complete rig for a biped, and when I animate the arm chain, it's influencing the leg chain, I mean, leg's bones are moving, just a bit, and very smoothly, nothing like chain poping with zaxis bones, but they are still moving.

And as far as I can see, there no goal or pole item in common in this two chains...is that a common problem?

RebelHill
04-29-2009, 06:12 AM
they shouldnt have any influence over each other... one must be referencing something in the other chain somewhere... check, check, and check again...

As for the joints vs zbones thing... theres no difference when it comes the problems of popping, flipping, etc... thats got nothing to do with the bone type, both function exactly the same in that respect... tbh, I prefer zbones for control rigging... its just that make joint chain only works on joints, once uve run it, u can convert back and forth between joints an zbones no problems.

MUCUS
04-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Ok, so I'll check that again.
EDIT:
The "unaffected by IK" option was not cheeked for the roots bones :twak: so simple that I haven't check that! But thank you anyway!

RebelHill
04-29-2009, 01:23 PM
The "unaffected by IK" option was not cheeked for the roots bones

Aha... thatll do it alright... terminate those chains baby... terminate them...