PDA

View Full Version : How to...

iamtiptoes
04-28-2009, 07:49 PM
I learned Lightwave 8 in College in 2007. After finishing school, I wasn't able to afford my own copy of the program until now, which version 9...I am amazed at how much I forgot...lets say I'm trying to create a bubble with an image of a snowflake on it...I create a globe in modeler and then somehow I'm supposed to get it into lightwave layout to add texture and a light source etc, right?....but I forget how to do that? Help? :-)

Tiptoes

Silkrooster
04-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Here's a pdf full of links to tutorials to get you in the right direction.
As for bringing a model into layout, make sure you save it first, then in the upper right hand corner is a downward triangle click on it and select send object to layout.
In order for the object to be sent,
1)the object must be save to file
2)you must be using a licensed copy of lightwave (doesn't work in demo mode)
3)the hub must be allowed to run (it is possible to disable it)

Failing 2 and 3 you can still run layout and load the object but it still has to be saved to the drive in order to load it.

Also note that your textures are saved with the model not the scene, so you must save the object from layout or if the hub is working saving from modeler, either one will work.
Hope this helps, good luck and have fun.

iamtiptoes
04-28-2009, 09:13 PM
You're starting to jog my memory....I tried to find my school notes but after a messy divorce, some of them are missing.

Thanks!

Tiptoes