PDA

View Full Version : Playing a T3 CG roll in VT-Edit

wtdedula
08-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Hello All;
This is partly a CG question and a VT-Edit question but I am posting it here because I need a fast response.

I am trying to create a roll in CG which is just slightly longer than a page (but we still want to roll). The slowest speed of the roll that I could obtain (.01 or .001 I believe) produced a roll that was still pretty fast ... much faster than we wanted. Is there any way to slow the CG roll down to "Very slow" even if we don't have much data (on a page) to roll ?

I have tried to create an .rtv file from this roll and then slow it down to 35% and the characters seem to shimmer which does not look professional and definitely not good enough for this project.

Can anyone help with suggestions ? How do we create a slow roll ? What is the best way in CG ? Or if we can't do it in CG, what is the most effective way to slow down a fast roll in VT-Edit so it doesn't look bad or doesn't shimmer ?

Tim

prospector
08-19-2003, 08:27 PM
did you try both settings ?
Speed and frame?

on mine it goes so slow on just a 1 setting that it takes like 10 seconds for half a line to scroll at default font size.

Gordon
08-21-2003, 09:01 AM
Save the CG page as an image file, (png or tga format), and use VT-Edit positioner to create your scroll.

Adding an edge to the font helps a great deal in the look of the font. For the colour of the edge, set the first colour well as the colour of the font and the other colour well to either black or the predominant background colour. For small thin fonts an edge of 0.25 is great and for large or thick fonts an edge of 0.50 is good.