PDA

View Full Version : Rayfire 1.44 exploding and breaking things 3d Max!

prometheus
04-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Rayfire tool 1.44 is a breaking exploding plugin for 3ds max.

Seems to be an awesome plugin with support for physx.
Lots of videosamples on the homepage including samples together with
fumefx.

lots of different fragmentation types.

Homepage
http://mirvadim.com/

CGTALK Forums
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=59&t=757463

Michael

AdamAvenali
04-28-2009, 08:02 AM
the samples and fragmentation types are very cool!

i especially like the falling tower of curse words haha

cresshead
04-28-2009, 08:33 AM
yeah it's a "cracking" plugin!

The Dommo
04-28-2009, 11:03 AM
yeah it's a "cracking" plugin!

HAHAA!! *boom boom*

wacom
04-28-2009, 11:20 AM
This is exactly the reason I'm sick of programs that are dependent on mega-plugs instead of having the tools at hand for the user to create such things.

285 bucks?! I think I could use that money to get enough ICE and houdini training to get me going and making such things (though compounds and such already exist that you could use to get similar effects- FREE).

Teach a person to download a plugin and they get the first job done...teach them to try and make the tool themselves and they aren't a slave to developers anymore...

cresshead
04-28-2009, 12:18 PM
This is exactly the reason I'm sick of programs that are dependent on mega-plugs instead of having the tools at hand for the user to create such things.

285 bucks?! I think I could use that money to get enough ICE and houdini training to get me going and making such things (though compounds and such already exist that you could use to get similar effects- FREE).

Teach a person to download a plugin and they get the first job done...teach them to try and make the tool themselves and they aren't a slave to developers anymore...

you can do stuff like this in 3dsmax without the plugin...use particle flow and other native tools..

if however you want a user friendly interface that holds your hand and such then this plugin is available and has lots of example setups in the tutorials that ship with it...well then go n get it.

plugins for apps such as lightwave, maya, xsi and 3dsmax help extend capabilities by either doing stuff it's can't normally do...such as fluids or helps stuff the app can already do but make it much more approachable.

lwanmtr
04-28-2009, 03:24 PM

Not everyone (especially artists) has the mindset to code a tool, etc. Thats why we like the developers because they do the hard part for us.

geo_n
04-29-2009, 08:55 PM
This is an awesome plugin. The max guys here have used it to do more than just blowing stuff up. Not as powerful as thinking particles but the controls are easier to understand.
But I'm sure lw can do some of this WITH dpont nodes as I've seen in spinquad.

prometheus
04-30-2009, 07:36 AM
This is an awesome plugin. The max guys here have used it to do more than just blowing stuff up. Not as powerful as thinking particles but the controls are easier to understand.
But I'm sure lw can do some of this WITH dpont nodes as I've seen in spinquad.

Really where have you seen that on spinquad?

Maybe some similar stuff, but really..how could you apply equal fragmentation
structures in lightwave as is in Rayfire?

and collision forces seems to be at a totaly different level with rayfire.

Michael