PDA

View Full Version : FRAMANIP PRO 64-bit is now FREE!

RenderFred
04-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce that the RANCH renderfarm image sequence player FRAMANIP PRO is now FREE! It works with XP and Vista and exists in 64-bit and 32-bit version. Sorry there is no version for the Mac, as the program uses many specifities of Windows/PC hardware, and porting it to the Mac would require too much work.

FRAMANIP PRO lets you plays JPG, BMP, TIF, TGA or PNG sequence with incredible speed, entirely from RAM. I recommend you use the 64-bit version if you can, as you will be able to use all the RAM in your system to fit longer and/or high definition sequences. FRAMANIP PRO is very easy to use and has many useful options that I let you discover on the FRAMANIP info & download page (http://www.ranchcomputing.com/L_framanip.php).

- No registration is needed
- There is no spyware whatsoever
- And no installation procedure: one .exe does it all!

I only ask that you do not directly give the application to your friends / colleagues but point them to the FRAMANIP PRO download page on the RANCH site.

I hope that this gift will be useful to every 3D animator, enjoy! :D

Fred

flakester
04-28-2009, 05:11 AM
Awesome stuff RenderFred! :thumbsup:

I've just given the 64bit version a test-drive, and it rocks. :rock:

We'll be sure to mention this ~aprettyprettycool~ app on our blog, with a link to the FRAMANIP PRO download page on the RANCH site.

Again, great work; many thanks for a very useful and free app. :bowdown:

--
flakester

dballesg
04-28-2009, 06:11 AM
Than you very much for it Frederic! :)

What a little gem! :)

David

Magnus81
04-28-2009, 10:30 AM
You're a good man, I don't care what people say about you ;) Awesome, thanks!

blugenwitz
04-30-2009, 06:24 AM
cool prog!

zapper1998
05-01-2009, 02:13 PM
tk

belanagy
05-02-2009, 09:33 AM
thank you very much!!!!

nickdigital
07-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Cool.

Can you view QTs file with this?

zapper1998
07-15-2009, 02:31 PM
thank you

Greenlaw
07-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi,

Thanks for putting this out. There's a definite need for a good, no-nonsense frame player. Each of us here use Fusion to preview our frames, but that's a awfully expensive 'frame player'. :)

I'm trying the x64 version of FRAMANIP PRO right now and it seems to be loading and playing the frames in a random sequence. This happens to me when loading a sequence to play at full res or down-scaled. Anybody else seeing this? Loading .tga files, btw. Wished it could load .exr since that's what we typically render.

I'll try the x64 and x32 versions on a different machine later.

Greenlaw

creacon
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
I agree 100%, framecycler was great when it started, now it's overpriced, and overfeatured, downloaded the trial and removed it after an hour. Same thing happened to ACDSee, I am still using the classic version version, because it just works, we need more software like this.

As far as this thead is concerned, I am aware that we can't demand anything from free software, but why don't you use something like freeimage and support all the formats it supports?

creacon

Hi,

Thanks for putting this out. There's a definite need for a good, no-nonsense frame player. Each of us here use Fusion to preview our frames, but that's a awfully expensive 'frame player'. :)

Greenlaw

Greenlaw
07-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah, FrameCycler was great and I tried to push it for the Box a long time ago. In the beginning, it was about $80, but once the price jumped up, it was forgotten. I continued to use my personal license until I started using .exr's, which didn't work with the version I had.

One stupid thing about FrameCycler was the copy protection scheme: it was locked to my network log-in, so I had to make sure I used the same log-in at work as at home, and anywhere else I wanted to run it. I guess this kept others from using my license, but when my network log-in at work had to change for technical reasons, I could no longer use it there.

For my personal use, I now use a program called AnimPlayer (formerly called TV-Player.) This is a lot like FrameCycler, but with a lot more features (than the old FrameCycler) and it also plays .exr files. It costs about $140, but you can install it on multiple machines so long as you only run it on one machine at a time. (http://www.tv-player.com/)

Does FreeImage play sequences at a set frame rate? I thought it was just an image viewer. Guess I should take a look at it.

We have enough licenses of Fusion now that every artist in the Box can use it as a player; it's just kinda silly to do so. It would be nice if there was a faster launching sequence player that was free or very reasonably priced, that could also play .exr files.

Dare I hope for an update to FRAMANIP that does this? ;)

Greenlaw

Matt
07-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Very generous, thanks!

Phil
07-15-2009, 04:25 PM
There's also djv.sourceforge.net - seems to work well and supports in-memory caching.

allabulle
07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Thank you.

Nowadays I almost only use .exr files but on occasion there's a need to (re)view old TGA sequences. It'll be pretty useful when it's needed.

And yes, anyone know a decent, simple and cheap (or even free, I don't mind if it's free, hehe) viewer for .exr sequences?

I do most of my composition on GNU/Linux systems and working mainly using LightWave on Win x64 it's sometimes annoying: preview what's going on in Win before switching to GNU/Linux or using another computer would be great.

In any case, thanks a lot! (Oh, and 64bit complie: Yes!)

kojean
07-15-2009, 09:48 PM
The FRAMANIP page isn't loading for me at the moment.

There's also djv.sourceforge.net - seems to work well and supports in-memory caching.

I've also been using djv_view (http://djv.sourceforge.net/). It's very handy.

allabulle
07-15-2009, 10:59 PM
I'll test djv, thanks.

Titus
07-16-2009, 12:23 AM
djv don't work on Vista.

allabulle
07-16-2009, 01:25 AM
I hope it works on Win XP x64 because I was willing to try it tomorrow (today it's only GNU/Linux work).

biliousfrog
07-16-2009, 02:25 AM
I'll add another vote for .exr support. Thanks Fred, it sounds great but I only use EXR now.

Lewis
07-16-2009, 03:26 AM
Excellent stuff, thank you. I'm using "FCHECK" for long time just because it's small and fast but this could change all :).

Titus
07-16-2009, 08:23 AM
I hope it works on Win XP x64 because I was willing to try it tomorrow (today it's only GNU/Linux work).

It works well with XP. When I switched to vista, had to use an alternative:

http://jahshaka.org/News/p2_articleid/72

Jahshaka is buggy as hell, but cineplay works better.

monovich
07-16-2009, 10:19 AM
wonderful app. I'm all exr now as well. if its free now maybe it could be open-sourced and exr could be added?

Titus
07-16-2009, 11:11 AM
I've tested it and works really good. It doesn't accept tiff-16, but WTH.

Greenlaw
07-16-2009, 01:20 PM
It works well with XP. When I switched to vista, had to use an alternative:

http://jahshaka.org/News/p2_articleid/72

Jahshaka is buggy as hell, but cineplay works better.

Does Jahshaka or Cineplay play frame sequences from RAM? I haven't tried these, but from the info pages it sounds like these are just movie players.

BTW, I tried djv_view and it's pretty awesome. We're probably going to use this one in-house now. You have to enable cache, otherwise it will stream from the server, but once you do that it can load and play HD frames in realtime. (Assuming you have the RAM.) And it works with .exr's too! We have to turn off Color Profile, or set the Gamma to 1.0 in the preferences (default is 2.2), to get it to display properly.

I'm sorry to hear that djv_view doesn't work in Vista yet. Fortunately, at work, all our machines are XP Pro.

FYI, AnimPlayer has a lot more features than djv_view and it works great on Vista x64 for me at home but it's not free. I really like using AnimPlayer, but for my needs, I probably would have been just as pleased with djv_view at home.

Greenlaw

radams
07-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Hi All,

Thanks again for this FREE RAM player utility.

As others have mentioned thou many work with .exr's now and some with dpx files...

Thanks thou.

Cheers,

kosmodave
07-18-2009, 01:44 AM
:thumbsup: Many thanks for this handy little app, It will be very useful.

Dave