PDA

View Full Version : WordWare

dbigers
04-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi all. I purchased the Essential Lightwave version 9 last week. Prior to buying it I perused the WordWare site and saw that some of the videos from the book were corrupted and I could get them there.

I just went to their site and got this message when clicking on the book info page.

http://www.wordware.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=wwpub&Product_Code=1598220241

I can still get to the errata section of WordWare's site, so all is good, but I thought others might want to know about the change.

calilifestyle
04-27-2009, 10:45 PM
From what i can tell their no longer wordware. but Steve Warner i believe has his website set up with any extra info you may need

kurv
04-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Yes Steve Warner will always have support for the book on his site and the new publisher I would think keep the links alive. They bought Wordware after all for the assets. :D

Scazzino
04-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm currently working on a book with WordWare and just checked into this. I'll still be working with my original contact/editor and the acquisition won't affect the new book, other than providing access to greater sales channels.

WordWare is now an imprint of Jones and Bartlett Publishers. It looks like the old WordWare site is currently in transition. Advance orders for new books in their Comming Soon section on the home page are already linked to the appropriate item in the Jones and Bartlett online catalog, but older info/order links are currently going to what looks like a temporary referral page. I'd expect that once everything gets sorted out the older books would also be linked to the appropriate items in the Jones and Bartlett online catalog as they update or replace the WordWare web site.