PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxel bug in 9.6

shrox
04-27-2009, 03:22 AM
I ran into this before, now this second time makes me believe it's a bug. Hypervoxels in 9.6 causes render problems in some scenes. Here are some shots of the problem:

prometheus
04-27-2009, 06:44 AM
how is the ground textured, procedurals?

are you using hv surfaces on points? and are the points created on different
layer?

I just did a basic test with hv surfaces on point on a different layer but
I didnīt texture anything.

Im wondering also is there any more volumetric in there like fog?

Michael

prometheus
04-27-2009, 06:51 AM
well yah...I just added some procedurals on the ground and voila..I got the same distortions on the surface..have to check it out more what it can be.

Michael

prometheus
04-27-2009, 07:17 AM
All kinds of weird stuff goin on here, I turned the hv surface hypertexture
off, not the hvīs themself thou, and that will render out the point stones okey but thatīs no good with flat stones.

also I created the point stones as a new object instead of a different layer
first it rendered out with same distortions, but when switching back to classic camera actually got rid of it.

so using classic camera and hv points on a new object might work.

Michael

shrox
04-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Classic cam does not work, as the first pic shows. Both cams work in 9.5, so I am using 9.5 for this.

The "rocks" are a separate layer of points.

prometheus
04-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Classic cam does not work, as the first pic shows. Both cams work in 9.5, so I am using 9.5 for this.

The "rocks" are a separate layer of points.

aha..I thought the thread was hypervoxel bug in 9.6?

anyway, I havenīt tested it on 9.5
You say that classic cam donīt work as the first pic show?
Can you try and make the stones..hv surfaces on a seperate object,instead of separate layers? I got it working that way without the same surface distortions,using classic cam.

might be something related to textures aswell, since turning on the hvs hypertextures causes distortions, but that is in conjunction with surface procedurals aswell.

Michael

shrox
04-27-2009, 08:23 AM
aha..I thought the thread was hypervoxel bug in 9.6?

anyway, I havenīt tested it on 9.5
You say that classic cam donīt work as the first pic show?
Can you try and make the stones..hv surfaces on a seperate object,instead of separate layers? I got it working that way without the same surface distortions,using classic cam.

might be something related to textures aswell, since turning on the hvs hypertextures causes distortions, but that is in conjunction with surface procedurals aswell.

Michael

Yes, it is about a bug in 9.6. I am using 9.5 as a work around.

WShawn
06-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi:

I'm having pretty much the same problem. Surface HVs with a texture applied cause other surfaces using the Turbulence procedural to glitch.

I have a scene showing a cutaway of a dam with HV particles drifting up to the dam and silt building up behind the dam. I have a particle emitter spewing the particles with a Surface HV applied to the particles. I modified an HV preset that uses the Dent procedural texture to give a rough, rocky look to the particles.

In the resulting render (using the Perspective Camera), any other object with a surface texture that uses the Turbulence procedural glitches. In this case the silt object uses Turbulence in the color and bump channel, and the red cutaway of the dam uses Turbulence in the color channel.

Here's a snippet:
http://www.marshall-arts.net/HVs-DentTexture9.6.mov

Changing the HV to another texture doesn't correct the glitching.

If I turn off the texture on the HVs (None) those objects with the Turbulence procedural will render correctly.

Here's a snippet:
http://www.marshall-arts.net/HVs-NoTextue9.6.mov

If I replace the Turbulence procedural on the objects with another procedural those objects render correctly.

The only versions of 9.5 I have are Open Beta, and I don't think any of my license keys will get it to work. So I might be stuck with round particles. Frak.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

jwiede
06-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Please file a bug on this ASAP, so it has a chance to get into the coming 9.6.x update.

WShawn
06-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I submitted a bug report with a scene file yesterday.

Shawn

UnCommonGrafx
06-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah, this and other things before unseen except by the largest of farms are about to be seen with fprime doing its thing realtime with hvs.
Time to try some things.