PDA

View Full Version : Morph, Ik and Cycler...

MUCUS
04-25-2009, 06:27 AM
Hi All!

I'm meeting a problem with a morph I have (muscle contraction). This morph is control by the Pitch of a bone with cycler (I've try to put cycler on the bone and in morph mixer, but same problem with both). The morphing is working fine with fk, but when I drive the bone with ik, the morph doesn't work...

Have you any tips to drive a morph with a bone which is control by IK?

RebelHill
04-25-2009, 06:37 AM
LW cant see the output results of LWik system... once ur animation is done, use motion baker on IK controlled bones, and anyting that references their angles will magically start working.

MUCUS
04-25-2009, 07:00 AM
Thank you RebelHill...it's working fine...but after the animation...too bad wee can't see deformation while animating with IK!
But at least it's working, thank you sir! :beerchug:

evenflcw
04-25-2009, 08:42 AM
No, the fix for that is not to use a channel modifier but a motion/displacement modifier that can be set to evaluate after IK. Motion modifier for the most part don't have support for custom channels (like morphs) at all, but I suppose you could use an intermediate null which in turn drives the morph. Or just use expressions (relativity) or nodes to drive the morph directly. Or JointMorph plugins.

RebelHill
04-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Ahhh... see I know you can dump expressions into the motion modifer exression piece... ubt I kinda stopped using it, as it doesnt autoupdate if you rename stuff... I also remember using ir sometime in the past, checking "afterIK", and guess what... no after Ik behaviour... Never really tried relativity... and I didnt know that jointmorf would evaluate after IK either, I know it didnt used to... but then again, it has been years since I actually used LWs own IK solver, so the after IK problems havent been an issue for me in a long while.

Ztreem
04-25-2009, 12:14 PM
you can test to animate a null object with cyclist and have that null steer the morph.

SplineGod
04-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Supposedly that IK/expression issue was fixed a long time ago. Also instead of using motion baker which is very tedious to use try DStorms free IKBaker.
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/archives/plugins/BakeIKtoKey/doce/index.htm
Also I would test your deformations before animating anyways. If you want your rig to be fast while animating you dont want deformations happening at the same time. I usually deal with deformations after I get something animated and then make the deformations work with what Ive animated.

MUCUS
04-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Thank you all for all that tips!:thumbsup:

lino.grandi
04-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Hi All!

I'm meeting a problem with a morph I have (muscle contraction). This morph is control by the Pitch of a bone with cycler (I've try to put cycler on the bone and in morph mixer, but same problem with both). The morphing is working fine with fk, but when I drive the bone with ik, the morph doesn't work...

Have you any tips to drive a morph with a bone which is control by IK?

You can drive a morph with IK in real time without baking any frame.

Just be sure to use lscript type expression syntax (the one using (Time) ).

Scene attached...