PDA

View Full Version : Multishift disappearance?

VTA
04-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Hello,
Something odd just happened. Multishift, under the Multiply/Extend Tab in Modeler has disappeared. I'm using 9.6, but went back to 9.3.1 to check and noticed it gone there too. In 9.3.1, I did a search in Edit Menu Layout, found it and replaced it, but can't seem to find it for 9.6. It doesn't seem to exist.

Was this tool done a way with in v9.6? I seem to remember using it on my home machine, which is just 9.6.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.
-Vincent

JeffrySG
04-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Vincent,

It's definitely there in 9.6. You can try to search for it as shown in the png file. If it's not there it might be something wrong with one of the prefs. or configs files. I'm not sure which ones it could be though. I'm sure someone else can chime in and explain what file might need to be replaced, etc.

VTA
04-23-2009, 10:39 AM
What's more, is that after quitting 9.3.1 and restarting it, I find that it is missing again.

Something odd is happening. I guess I can trash my preferences and see if that helps.

Thanks for the info.
-Vincent

Kuzey
04-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Just a guess...but do you have separate preferences for both 9.3 and 9.6?

Sounds like they are sharing the same preferences and overwriting settings when you move from one version to the other.

Kuzey

VTA
04-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Just a guess...but do you have separate preferences for both 9.3 and 9.6?

Sounds like they are sharing the same preferences and overwriting settings when you move from one version to the other.

Kuzey

I'm honestly not sure.
I had dumped preferences and this didn't seem to change a thing, but I don't know how I could differentiate if there are separate prefs.

This is really very odd.

VTA
04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
This actually keeps getting worse.
Bandsaw Pro is missing... I imagine the more I work today, the more I'll find missing.

Is there some confusion with both versions being on the machine? These tools were there yesterday, but for some reason they are gone today.
-Vincent

Kuzey
04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Ok sounds like you have one set of preferences.

Inside the "LightWave3D 9.6" application folder create a new folder called "Preferences". Copy your License.key into this new folder and then launch Modeler 9.6 and scan plugins, quit Modeler and do the same for Layout 9.6.

That should do it, LW9.6 will read the preferences from this location, while LW9.3 will read the original ones in your username/library/preferences/LightWave3D folder.

Don't forget to do the same with your 9.3 version.

Kuzey

Kuzey
04-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Also open the "edit menu layout" panel by pressing the option key and F10.

Under the presets dropdown menu select default to set the menus back to the original settings.

Kuzey

VTA
04-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Ahhh... Kuzey, you are my hero.
Thank you so much for getting me straight. :thumbsup:
-Vincent

Kuzey
04-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Glad to be of help :)

Oh..remember, when scaning plugins not to scan the wrong set, that has happened to me a few times :)

Kuzey