PDA

View Full Version : Global in/out adjustment?

O_o
04-23-2009, 08:27 AM
how do?

Dufusyte
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
how do?
fine, and you?

ted
04-23-2009, 11:10 PM
O o, Not picking on you, just suggesting...
If you can't take the time to describe in detail what you are asking, you won't get the answer yo are looking for. :hey:

Try again with more detail.
Best of luck.

O_o
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
ahem, allow me to rephrase that. How do you do a global in out adjustment?

Seattle-HotShot
05-02-2009, 01:45 AM
you know, I really just want to help you here!

I'm going to guess, and am actually sure I'm wrong here, but there is a chance you're almost as messed up as I am, so here goes...

In Preferences, there is a setting, under Editing, called "SpeedEDIT Automatic In/Out Offest".

What this does, is if you drop a clip on the time line, SE by default will shorten the clip by the amount in that setting. That way if you do a Cross Fade (Alt - F), when SpeedEDIT extends the clips to do the cross fade, they'll do a proper cross fade.

Now, personally, that bugs me, so I set that setting to "No Offset". I like to see the whole clip, then I'll deal with the cross fade issue on my own. I'm kind of weird that way.

If none of that makes sense to you, and you still have a question, next time take a minute and explain what you are trying to do, what command you are doing, and what happens. Be detailed. We're usually good about helping, but we all have different backgrounds, and have our own way of looking at things. Alien technology is pretty flexible too!

Best
Carlin

O_o
05-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Hey, thanks for the energy Carlin. i really appreciate it. Your tip isn't what i was looking for but now that info is part of my growing SE brain. thanks. what i'm looking for is the feature i see all over newtek.com and the internets that says, "Global in/out adjustment
SpeedEDIT™ allows you to lasso a group of clips and with one gesture, shorten, lengthen, rotate or color-correct the entire region at once." i've searched ad nauseum for HOW to do this and even tech support doesn't know.

ted
05-02-2009, 10:34 AM
O_ooooh, now I think you have given us enough information to at least guess how to answer you. As Carlin said, you really need to ask a complete question to avoid wasting everybody's time guessing at the problem.

I think what you are looking for is the "Tool Shed". There is a tab on top, or just hit F9. Yo uwill have the ability to select a bunch of clips or GFX and with one click of a button, make all clips be a certain size, have borders, position them or whatever.
I'm leaving town and don't have time for a complete tutorial now, but search "Tool Shed" and you'll find a lot of info here.
Tool Shed has many presets and you can also make your own.
Hopefully this is what you were looking for.
Best of luck.