PDA

View Full Version : Clone hierarchy and following?

objuan
04-23-2009, 03:25 AM
I have a hierarchy set up of a MasterNull, and one LeadCube with animated motions parented to MasterNull, and a bunch of other cubes also parented to MasterNull which use the Follower motion modifier to chase the LeadCube with various offsets. Dandy.

Now I want to clone that whole MasterNull hierarchy, and move it, and have the same motion happen 10 seconds later.

Problem is when I clone the hierarchy all the new cubes are still looking at the original LeadCube rather than the new one I want them to be relative to.

Anyway around this when cloning? Or way to change the target follow object for 50 objects at a time?:2guns:

dnch
04-23-2009, 03:52 AM
i wanted to write something similar..
i have similar problem but not with follower..
i setup some basic mechanical rig.. contains some helper nuls as targets / goals
everything is parented to "master controller" null, all nulls properly renamed (so i dont get Null(1) Null(2)... in one rig)
when i duplicate the hierarchy everything updates except targets and goals...

and by the way.. dponts nodes (item info, point info) does not update either (deform nodes and node item motion too)

RebelHill
04-23-2009, 04:01 AM
save the scene under a new name... use rename hierarchy on your nulls (or open the lws in text editor and use replace string) to give the nulls of this new scene their own unique name set... then load items from scene back into your original.

dnch
04-23-2009, 04:05 AM
yeah its possible solution.. but not realy smooth.. its more like "hack"
... we need 9.7

save the scene under a new name... use rename hierarchy on your nulls (or open the lws in text editor and use replace string) to give the nulls of this new scene their own unique name set... then load items from scene back into your original.

objuan
04-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Hacksaw Jim Dugan strikes again! He may not be pretty, but he does get down to business.