PDA

View Full Version : NAB 2010 NewTek Party; Early Bird Gets the Worm!

DiscreetFX
04-22-2009, 07:52 PM
We were disappointed that there was no NewTek Party this year. In fact that is the reason we did not fly out to NAB . The NewTek Party is how we interface with new customers and demonstrate new products since we can't man a booth for the whole trade show. In 2005 DiscreetFX paid the bulk of a user sponsored NewTek Party and it went very well. We are willing to pay for most and or all of a 2010 NewTek Party depending on costs. What does everyone think? Should this venue be put back in the users/developers hands?

harlan
04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Sounds good Bill! I'd be happy to help out in any way as well.

Stan S. and I were planning on rolling to Vegas for NAB, but we skipped on account of the lack of a NewTek party.

Our only reason for even going to NAB in general is getting to see and hang out with some old friends (ie: Tim, Jim, Paul, Philip, etc...)! I've seen cameras, edit systems, lighting gear, etc... and most any interest I have in them can be researched via the internet - getting a chance to see my NewTek family only happens once or twice a year, and the NewTek party has always been the place to mingle.

I was sad to see that there wouldn't be a party this year, but I guess everything is a little unusual these days with regards to the economy, etc...

ted
04-22-2009, 10:06 PM
I've always enjoyed the parties as well. I was glad when NewTek took them over. Getting face time with the people we chat with on the forums and other users we never meet is "Priceless".
To be honest Bill, I don't remember you guys paying for the bulk of any of the 4 that I put together, but I'll be glad to see you guys making sure it happens next year!

DiscreetFX
04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
@ted

It was the NAB 2005 NewTek Party.

ted
04-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Bill, I just checked my records and receipts for those parties, and while you did buy a booth for $250 at the 2005 party to show your wares, that wasn't the "bulk" of the tab. The tab was almost 20 times the price of that booth. Trust me, I know. :hey:
You might start checking hotel bookings now. I'm sure you can get some great early booking rates right now.

DiscreetFX
04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
We don't know the cost of that party but did chip in close to $1000 not just $250.