PDA

View Full Version : TriCaster XD300 Feature Requests!

Quiet1onTheSet
04-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Relative to use of an XD300 in tandem with 3Play, it seems reasonable that the XD300 ought to have 4 video inputs at the minimum, IMHO, the fourth input might be called "Aux" if that helps.

'Makes for a more impressive duo, since, when connecting, say, the 3Play's output into one of the XD300 inputs -- you'd still have 3 available XD300 video inputs for SD/HD cameras; plus, NewTek would certainly have a leg up, in surprising the industry pundits who thought the "3" in the model number necessarily indicated a 3-camera maximum.

:Tricaster

jstar
04-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Well, because of how Tricaster is put together, 6 inputs would be optimal - 4 inputs would require an integrated router, and with a router they could, just as easly, build it with 6 inputs.

Personaly, I think that the HD tricaster will have it's own name, s'mthing like "Tricaster HD Extravaganza";)

It would so make my day, nay - my year, if NewTek delivered a 6-input, international XD300 in Q4 2009:)

DeanAU
04-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Will it be able to stream HD (a 5mb h.264 file?)

Paul Lara
04-28-2009, 11:29 AM
That's not yet determined, Dean.

Will it be able to stream HD (a 5mb h.264 file?)

Quiet1onTheSet
04-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Well, because of how Tricaster is put together, 6 inputs would be optimal - 4 inputs would require an integrated router, and with a router they could, just as easly, build it with 6 inputs.[/quote]Interesting point you make, jstar.

Personaly, I think that the HD tricaster will have it's own name, s'mthing like "Tricaster HD Extravaganza";)Sorry, but a name like that in the US market at least, is likely to produce a negative in the minds of many. "Extravaganza" for me at least, conjures up imagery of a supposed huge sale, on the premises of a nearly-empty automobile dealership.
:D

Besides, I'm liking the fact that the "XD" moniker suggest something much bigger and better than mere "HD" resolutions.

It would so make my day, nay - my year, if NewTek delivered a 6-input, international XD300 in Q4 2009:)
:i_agree:
6-input, international version? You're not alone, jstar - you're not alone!