PDA

View Full Version : winrtme.exe

tecnoponta
08-19-2003, 01:18 PM
I was working good but suddently I saw this message:

The Real Time Media Engine Launcher has found a problem and need be closed.
winrtme.exe

After that I reintall all system ( Windows 2000, pack4, VT2) and the problem is the same.

Can you help me please?
:confused:

pfrench
08-19-2003, 01:54 PM
If you can reliably reproduce the problem it would help a great deal if you sent in a detailed list of steps to take to reproduce the problem.

tecnoponta
08-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Sorry but the VT2 is not launch, after power on the computer, after launch the windows the error message appear and the VT2 not running.

tecnoponta
08-19-2003, 02:15 PM
I am starting the computer and it shows this message (The Real Time Media Engine Launcher has found a problem and need be closed.
winrtme.exe) before I launch the VT2. I alread reinstall the windows 2000, Pack 4 and VT2, but the messageīs still there. I just would like to know what does winrtme.exe mean. What does it control.

tks

Originally posted by pfrench
If you can reliably reproduce the problem it would help a great deal if you sent in a detailed list of steps to take to reproduce the problem.

Danner
08-19-2003, 02:22 PM
winrtme is the Real Time Media Engine of the toaster and windows uses it for audio too. Be sure to desable any other audio card you have on your system.
I don't know if service pack4 is certified as to work OK with the toaster, SP3 works fine.

Gordon
08-20-2003, 10:33 PM
I have had that problem as well, (at least a couple of times) and in two cases I had to return the VT card for repair.

The way I was able to trouble shoot the problem was to take a known working card from another system and drop it into the computer in question. (Your local dealer may be able to assist you with this). The problem went away with the known working card and came back with the VT card in question.

In one case Newtek tech support and I tried a software fix. I don't remember for sure if it solved any problems or not, but it is worth a try. (I think we tried rewriting the core, first with an older version and then again using the newer version.)

tecnoponta
08-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Thank you Gordon, The Tecnoponta has two system with Toaster 2 and I change the Toaster Card and unfortunately I have one the Toaster Card with trouble. Today I send the cart to maintnance.

Thanks

eon5
10-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Sometimes VT3 show this message: "The Real Time Media Engine Launcher has found a problem and need to be closed" .

After that, I donīt have analog inputs and outputs.

Which things can cause this message ?

This Error Message refers to the card being bad ? :confused:

Gordon
10-08-2004, 08:48 PM
In my experience, when VT starts up okay with 'Program Out' initializing properly but then later the error message comes up, is that the message is generated after a software crash. Yes, the result is that you lose A/V out. When we have noticed software problems it is usually the result of a corrupt file on the hard drive and in a directory that is being looked at with the VT - filebin browser.

tvcinco
08-04-2005, 12:43 PM
i'm from mexico and i had a problem with my computer due to power supply, so i had to change my hard drives and now i can't make the toaster work, it shows a problem in the REAL TIME ENGINE LAUNCHER right now i'm trying to fix it with a java plug in

does any one else has a different way of fixing it, i know the toaster board is working becouse i had it working but my video card had to be changed, im using a VT3 card

thanks

Jim Capillo
08-04-2005, 12:49 PM
does any one else has a different way of fixing it, i know the toaster board is working becouse i had it working but my video card had to be changed, im using a VT3 card

thanks
What are you using for a video card and drivers? There has been an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers.

tvcinco
08-04-2005, 12:54 PM
What are you using for a video card and drivers? There has been an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers.

i'm using A NVIDIA CARD but it's the exact same one a had before i just had a problem with the video codecs, when i oppened the vt-vision in the toaster it had a legend saying that my video card was not working properly so i updated the codecs to fix it

Gordon
08-05-2005, 01:39 PM
it shows a problem in the REAL TIME ENGINE LAUNCHER right now i'm trying to fix it with a java plug in

Fix with a java plug in? Interesting.

You should use the same Nvidia drivers that worked before and you should try the VT card in a different PCI slot. Sometimes the graphics card will share an interrupt with one of the PCI slots. I would also run the Auto Configure utility and see if it tells you that you have duplicate libraries.