PDA

View Full Version : Don't know how this made it into 9.6 but...

WhereMyArm
04-21-2009, 01:13 PM
I know this has been mentioned before, but I think it's worth mentioning again. If there's ever another update for 9.6, I'd like to see a removal of the "Would you like to save your scene?" dialog when you choose to revert your scene. The only purpose it serves is to screw your scene if you choose yes accidentally. It should instead say "Are you sure?" with a yes or a no option.

Sensei
04-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Bug reports should be send here https://secure.newtek.com/FogBugz/
You will see if they're fixed when they have status "Closed"..

dandeentremont
04-24-2009, 10:12 AM
I think when you load an object/scene, it should save a temporary file somewhere, so even if you save, you can still revert to the way the object/scene was when you first opened it. Might be too late for 9.6, but it would be cool if core had it.

geothefaust
04-25-2009, 11:25 AM
I think when you load an object/scene, it should save a temporary file somewhere, so even if you save, you can still revert to the way the object/scene was when you first opened it. Might be too late for 9.6, but it would be cool if core had it.

Indeed. That would be great, especially when doing something drastic. In the mean time, I save lots of iterations.

BloodQuest
06-26-2009, 02:25 AM
Smart-Save 2 does just that.

You have the option to add a comment when saving a scene or object and those comments can be useful when you're using the Smart-Revert function to go back to some previous version...

A new build went up on my site a few days ago:

http://www.simon-coombs.com/

There's a new build of Zip-It also.

Both Windows 32 and 64 Bit, LW8.5 and higher.

Sadly still no Mac to play with...

Simon

dwburman
07-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I brought this up during the beta process but some people (incl. NT employees) didn't seem to care. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't happy with this.

I know this has been mentioned before, but I think it's worth mentioning again. If there's ever another update for 9.6, I'd like to see a removal of the "Would you like to save your scene?" dialog when you choose to revert your scene. The only purpose it serves is to screw your scene if you choose yes accidentally. It should instead say "Are you sure?" with a yes or a no option.

evenflcw
07-08-2009, 08:15 PM
+1

Thought I had left a comment in this thread already. Guess not.

I've bug reported this aswell a while ago. Think I gave a big speech, as usual - why it was bad and how the new save options and implementation really makes user files less safe than before. I also brought up the stupid logic of the revert function in particular. Imho they went all out on flexibility and looks (both superficial) and forgot to spend time on what was really important, the ui logic.