PDA

View Full Version : CCTools + 9.6 ?

Pamukkedi
04-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Maybe i am missing something or the "search" button doesnt work well.

Has anybody tried CCtools with 9.6? CCImageFilter doesnt work, showing me black images, when i try to linearize them. ( Hi Gerardo! I read everything about CCtools, understood the most, and the system was running )
I re-installed 9.3, and everything works again.
BTW: Vista Ultimate 64 + LW 9 32-bit install. ( No, i cannot swap
everything to 64-bit, because of plugins. )

I have set up a linear pipeline that worked well in 9.3, and now we are a littlebit frustrated, because we have to re-invent the wheel.

So, Fprime doesnt work well, CCtools dont work,, network rendering doesnt work well, even local renderings crash after 120 frames, FBX doesnt work....

Should we go back to 9.3, or would it make more sense to invest in a new 3D software?

Sensei
04-21-2009, 05:52 PM
The most obvious question for multiple LW installs: are you using -c parameter in short-cut??

gerardstrada
04-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Maybe i am missing something or the "search" button doesnt work well.

Has anybody tried CCtools with 9.6? CCImageFilter doesnt work, showing me black images, when i try to linearize them. ( Hi Gerardo! I read everything about CCtools, understood the most, and the system was running )
I re-installed 9.3, and everything works again.
BTW: Vista Ultimate 64 + LW 9 32-bit install. ( No, i cannot swap
everything to 64-bit, because of plugins. )

I have set up a linear pipeline that worked well in 9.3, and now we are a littlebit frustrated, because we have to re-invent the wheel.

So, Fprime doesnt work well, CCtools dont work,, network rendering doesnt work well, even local renderings crash after 120 frames, FBX doesnt work....

Should we go back to 9.3, or would it make more sense to invest in a new 3D software?

Hello,

Congratulations for a successful linear & and color management workflow setup!

About your issue in 9.6v, it's hard to say, SG_CCFilter and SG_CCNode and SG_CCPicker work well here under 9.6 (32bits and 64bits). These issues commonly happen when our colorprofiles.txt doesn't specify the correct routes. If you have run the python script, check out if all the routes are correct or edit the .txt file by hand accordingly. It's advisable also to have the linear color profiles in a separate folder than the log versions so that other app (like PS) don't get confused.

Hope that fix your problem,

Gerardo

P.D1. SG_CCTools work also with versions 9.5 and 9.5.1. The only documented bug with SG_Node that still needs to be fixed is color conversions from RGB color spaces to CMY (or vice versa - don't remember well). But CMY conversions work fine with SG_CCFilter.

P.D2. At least regarding to color management, you won't find any other 3D package that offer the SG_CCTools facilities :)